Removeable doors... ?? not tube or 3/4 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Removeable doors... ?? not tube or 3/4

sureshot40sw

Reaction score
City, State
L.A. -- Lower Arkansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 SAS sport
has anybody tried replacing the hinge pin with a bolt to make easy R&R of the doors...??

I already know about tube doors, 3/4 doors and half doors.... I just wanna know about replacing the pin with a bolt.... seems like it would be easier to align the door if the hinge was in the factory position..

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

<

sureshot40sw

Reaction score
City, State
L.A. -- Lower Arkansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 SAS sport
thanks... I figured somebody somewhere had done it... looks like a project for tomorrow... :D

<

sureshot40sw

Reaction score
City, State
L.A. -- Lower Arkansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 SAS sport
well.. they are done... :cool:

as far as wiring goes... I just unplugged the two connectors on each side... pull the kick panels and pull the harness clips out so that it will pull out...

the bolt was a PITA... a 3/8" was too big for the bushing... I knocked the bushings out and drilled the outer hinge holes with a 15/64 bit and a 12 mm bolt fits perfect..... next time i'll try drilling the bushing out with a 3/8 bit...

thats about it... here are the pics..

100_0731.jpg

here are the plugs

100_0736.jpg

pass side... you gotta remove the puter to get to the harness...

100_0732.jpg

finished product.. my nephew took this pic...:D

100_0739.jpg

these are just for giggles.... now you see why his pic was sideways... :confused:

100_0735.jpg

100_0741.jpg

<

<