removeing windows and window trim??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

removeing windows and window trim???

jeffseal

Reaction score
City, State
Alpharetta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 xlt
i am going to have my explorer painted and want to know know to take out the rear windows and the windows in the door also the trip around them. i plan on taking everything out of the car so it is just hte shell of car and can be sprayed with out tapping anything off or be worried about the metal not exposed from being covered by the plastic trim.

thanks Jeff

GOOD LUCK!!!
Just remember it is a LOT easier taking it apart then putting it back together. Make sure and keep different parts in little baggies. No matter how good you keep stuff marked, you won't remember everything.

The back windows have little bolts on the inside behind the plastic trim. After you take them off then there is black rubber stuff that helps hold the window in. Sometimes they come right out, but then others you have to get a little wire behind and cut it.

The door glass is rivited in so you will have to knock the center pin out, then take a drill and drill out the rivit. Then the molding comes off easy.

Hope this helps.

Back