• Register Today It's free!

Removing Badges

NJPDR

Reaction score
City, State
Clifton, New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Adrenalin
I have seen a couple of pics of STA's with the badges on the tailgates removed and the Adrenalin badge moved from the right side to the left.

I like the look! It's nice and clean. :thumbsup:

What kind of cleaner is used to clean off the tape residue left behind? Is Goo Gone safe on the paint?

Also, I thought I read somewhere that the Sport Trac badge is bolted on to the tailgate? How is that badge removed?

Thanks for your help!

Charlie

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have used monofilament fishing line and a hair dryer to remove badges.

Good luck ....

Thanks!

I have used a thick thread to remove the reflectors on my Harley. The problem I encountered was some of the tape remained on the paint.

I'm just wondering if there is a product that will remove the tape / residue easily without affecting the clear or paint.

Charlie

Thanks!

I have used a thick thread to remove the reflectors on my Harley. The problem I encountered was some of the tape remained on the paint.

I'm just wondering if there is a product that will remove the tape / residue easily without affecting the clear or paint.

Charlie

I just debadged mine today! I used the "Automotive goo gone" for the residue. Works good, just have to let it do its thing. It wont hurt the paint, or clear coat. Just use a terri cloth, and gentle rubs. Wash with soap and water, rinse, done! I did my whole rig, pinstripes and all in 1 hour.

Thanks gman!

One other question. Is it water based goo gone? Apparently there is a water base and oil base?

Charlie

not sure, got it at autozone today, it is labeled "Automotive goo gone". It is different from the regular goo gone. Did not hurt my paint at all, so whatever it is, it works!

Thanks! I'll pick some up from autozone. I'm not chancing using what I have here since I think it is the regular goo gone.

Charlie

I just took a look at my tailgate and noticed there is a indentation where the Ford emblem is. I never noticed this before. I'm not sure how this will look without the badge there?

are any sport-trac badges bolted?

I don't think any are bolted but I have heard the sport track badge on the tailgate has holes the adrenalin badge is just stuck on. I used the regular goo gone and it does not hurt your auto paint.

I've used regular old GooGone on about 10 different exterior vehicle applications and have never run into a problem with paint damage or anything along those lines. I usually just put a little GooGone on the remaining tape residue, give it a pass or two with my fingernail and then rub the rest off with a soft cloth. No problems.

Back