removing cd autochanger?????????????? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

removing cd autochanger??????????????

rogga

Reaction score
City, State
south yorkshire,england
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 4.0efi
hello
ive just got a 98 4.0v6 efi rhd and my cd player/autochanger has jammed and wont allow me to remove the cartridge,it just makes a whirring/clicking noise upon pressing the button! its located at the rear of the car in the left hand side (veiwed from front!) but after much fiddling and levering with screwdrivers i cant get it out! im gonna try to remove the whole panel and strip the autochanger out so i can have a good look at it! but.....i cant get the trim panel off either! any help would be greatly appreciated!
cheers
rogga

p.s correct me if im wrong but i think my model is known as the "eddie bauer" spec in the good ol u s of a!

So your changer is mounted in the rear? I thought they were all in the center console. Thats where mine is on my 98 EB

You need to pop the plastic rivets out around the edges of the panel if you are talking about the whole side panel. If you do not have a special tool, you can carfully use a screwdriver and needle nose plyers.

The same thing happend to my changer. Ended up junking it and buying another one used from someone here on the board.

Back