Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
'17 F-150 FX4
Folks,

I have 2 of those stick-on-window antennas: one for a cell phone, one for a CB. Since I now use a handheld cell and no longer have a mounted CB (I use a "plug and play" now), how can I get the antenna off the outside window and the thing off the inside window? They were adhered to the window with sticky-stuff (I apologize for the scientific terminology... they were there from my dad...). Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tried a razor scraper and some goo-gone? That should work.

A little elbow grease and Goo-Gone will do the trick.

Wow, that was quick. This elbow-grease... can I get it at PepBoys? :) I'm detailing the Explorer tomorrow and figure I'll do that too. Thanks again for the quick responses!

Whelp,, *almost* flawless. I got bored so I did it tonight. Unfortunately, when I was using the razor blade to pry the corners of the antenna (to get a finger under so I can lift), I was unaware that it made little scrapes in the glass, which took a little tint with it (or at least gave it these little shiny scratches). It's nothing huge, and nothing my "Serious Explorations" Sticker can't hide on the window :) So in the end, my mistake gave Rick some free exposure...

Dental floss works good, or fishing line (thin). Get that behind and just pull it side to side...a little goo gone will take off the residue.

Back