removing chrome trim | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

removing chrome trim

chrisx

Reaction score
City, State
Nassau, Bahamas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer limited
Hey guys, anyone know how to remove the thin lower chrome trim on the doors. Was thinking of doing a color change and would be better if I could remove it easily. If anyone had done this please let me know how you did it. Thanks

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

siragalos

Reaction score
City, State
Horizon City
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer XLT
I too would like to know how to remove the trim, seems like the driver side has become a little loose. I noticed it when I was washing and had the music turned up

<

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
<

jpit11

Reaction score
City, State
Staten Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer XLT
Having mine wrapped in vinyl

<

SixPonies

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Mahomet, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford Explorer Sport
<

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Did you have to remove it, or did you have it wrapped in place?
FYI, the post you quoted is 6 years old and the member hasn't been seen here since April 10, 2015. I just didn't want you to be sitting there waiting for his answer. ;) I believe that most that have done it, remove it.

Peter

<

TXExplrPlt17

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Platinum
I am PlastiDipping all of my chrome this week. Started with the grille today, and will do the other 21 pieces for the rest of the week. Doing a TON to my truck this week: interior/exterior LEDs, blind spot mirrors, PlastiDipping all chrome (Platinum and I can't stand all of the chrome), etc. Will post pics as I progress.

<

MM07

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Limited
I am PlastiDipping all of my chrome this week. Started with the grille today, and will do the other 21 pieces for the rest of the week. Doing a TON to my truck this week: interior/exterior LEDs, blind spot mirrors, PlastiDipping all chrome (Platinum and I can't stand all of the chrome), etc. Will post pics as I progress.

Any pics yet?

<

TXExplrPlt17

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Platinum
Any pics yet?
Some yes, but too busy with work and travel this week. Got grille & mirrors done, and some of the interior LEDs (best bang for the buck), but will post more pics as the week goes on. Thank you for reminding me that 'it's not true unless you post pics'. Need to get on that!

<