Removing door panel

merchjo

Reaction score
City, State
Hackettstown, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer XLT
Hi

I have developed a rattle in my passenger door like something is loose. I need to pull the door panel to see what is loose. Is there any write up with pictures of the screws to remove the door panel? I have a 08 explorer.

Thanks

I don't have any pictures, but to remove:

Pull off plastic cover on the SIDE of the handle (where the window switch/handle is) off.
Remove the two screws that that are inside the handle (now exposed after removing cover)
Remove the window switch assembly by pulling up on it. Unplug the wiring harness from the assembly.
Remove the two screws on the bottom of the panel.
Pull straight up on the panel.

Hope this helps!

Belated thanks for these instructions. But for the driver's side door, what do you do about the outside rear-view mirrors control? Do you pop it off somehow before you remove the door panel or does it disconnect after you remove the door panel?

Chris

I don't have any pictures, but to remove:

Pull off plastic cover on the SIDE of the handle (where the window switch/handle is) off.
Remove the two screws that that are inside the handle (now exposed after removing cover)
Remove the window switch assembly by pulling up on it. Unplug the wiring harness from the assembly.
Remove the two screws on the bottom of the panel.
Pull straight up on the panel.

Hope this helps!

On my '06 Explorer I also had to remove the two screws that are inside the door opening mechanism/handle. These are much like the screws that hold the door handle that's below it. Once I got the total of six screws removed the panel came off very easily.

Back