Removing grill shell from 01 Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Removing grill shell from 01 Explorer Sport

YT

Reaction score
City, State
Chatham, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
Hope someone can help me here. I've searched forums until I have carpo tunnel syndrome.
I purchased a cool looking billet grill for my 2001 Explorer Sport, but there aren't any instructions for removing the grill shell. It's all one integrated piece with the bumper. I started by removing the guard across the top, and it's all loose now, too the point I can pull it out a bit. However I'd like some professional advise before screwing up something.
Thanx in advance

its a PITA to remove the whole front bumper on an 01 sport. What I did was remove the headlight and turnsignals, then the bolts on the top of the shell, then behind the ford emblem there are two bolts, remove them. Next and the bottom of the opening there are two clip type things, release them gently and you should be able to pull the grey grille insert out and insert the new billet one in. Its been awhile since I did mine, but i think that covers everything. This is an easier way then removing the whole bumper since the bumper is blended.

-Rich

Back