Removing stickers or de-badging | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Removing stickers or de-badging

stoev

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 explorer limited
Hey All

did somebody remove the description on the back of the car`?

the limited and AWD Sticker?

are these holding with glue or plugged?

thanks

Stoev

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i believe a couple people took off the "limited", so it's just adhesive.

Use a hair dryer to warm it up and it should come loose.

Thank You for the information!

Yes, k1200 said use a hair dryer ( not to close ) it just lifts off.

To revive this old thread (because this will be my first mod to my sport) I will add another technique. Try using dental floss as a saw behind the plastic letters. It has enough grit to saw through the glue but doesn't hurt the paint.

Why would you want to remove the "Limited" emblem? You paid $10,000 for it :)

You paid for an interior package not a sticker. LOL. I de-badge all my cars and trucks since it makes it easier to wax and buff the paint when they are gone.

To revive this old thread (because this will be my first mod to my sport) I will add another technique.

Agreed.. first thing I'm doing to the sport is removing the green leaf.. the rest of the badging is complimentary, but the "Ecoboost" just looks so out of place.

2014 explorer tailgate de-badge

I recently purchased a 2014 explorer xlt. Now I want to remove the badge from the tailgate. Does anyone know if there are any holes? Any suggestions? Thanks

If it's anything like the front one, I'd say yes, since my front one fell off, and I can see a few holes.

If it is like the Sport badge there are no holes. Use fishing line or double up dental floss and it will come off easily. Use tar and bug remover or warm soap and water to remove any glue residue.

Welcome to the Forum shel and elindo.:wavey::wavey:
As per my PM, I have merged your post with an existing one on the same topic in the 'Modified' forum where several members have done what you plan to do. They will be able to assist with your project. Good luck.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=339397

Peter

Agreed.. first thing I'm doing to the sport is removing the green leaf.. the rest of the badging is complimentary, but the "Ecoboost" just looks so out of place.

+1

Ecoboost is Dearbornish for Ecopoop

I recently purchased a 2014 explorer xlt. Now I want to remove the badge from the tailgate. Does anyone know if there are any holes? Any suggestions? Thanks

I took the XLT and Flex Fuel badges off our 2014 with a hair dryer, then cleaned up the glue residue with little 3M adhesive remover (WD40 would work fine too).

08984.jpg

I tried WD40 for debadging and tree sap and its great as its not too strong.
But dont leave it on there.

Get PH balanced soap+water ready.
(baby soap is PH balanced-do not use dish soap of any kind)

Use the smallest amount of WD40 and a good papertowel-with slight texture
but not abrasive - Bounty is good.
When done wash gently with soap mixture.

If its just a bit it and you dont scrub like a madman,
it will not have removed the wax when complete.

I have, on several occasions, used the peanut oil from the natural peanut butter I buy to successfully remove sticker residue.;)

Peter

I used fishing line to "saw" through the backing..then used "goo gone" with elbow grease..then washed and waxed..
o btw, i debadged the green leaf eco boost but kept the "sport"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The model type at the bottom left corner of the tailgate (XLT, LIMITED, and SPORT) do not have holes. The upgrade options at the bottom right of the tailgate (AWD, ECOBOOST) do not have holes. You can remove them using floss or fishing line, or softening the adhesive with a hair dryer.

The FORD BADGE on the rear tailgate, is another story. The rear badge is about 7" long and has three prongs. In the tailgate body, there are three holes. The badge is NOT screwed or bolted in, but double-sided tape keeps the badge sticking to the body.
FYI, the post you replied to was the OP's one and only post which was back in November.

Peter

Back