Removing sun visor. Rattle in sunroof help. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Removing sun visor. Rattle in sunroof help.

nevrsumr22

Reaction score
City, State
Bel Air, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT 4x4
I have a rattle in the sunroof. The left side seems to have a screw loose or something because it can move up and down and the right side doesn't. It is the whole assembly not just the window. It doesn't matter if it's open closed or popped. I need to get the headliner off but can't seem to figure out how to get the sun visor off. I can take off the inner cover (the side that doesn't hold the visor) but can't get under the cover that holds the visor on. I put a screwdriver in there but it doesn't want to pop. You can tell me if I'm just being a wimp. :D Please help.

Thanks.

Did you ever get the sun visor off?
It sounds like i have the same rattle on the left side and wanted to know if you fixed it and how.

I ended up finding a lose screw between the sunroof and the door. Kind of above the seatbelt but on the ceiling. I never found a way to get it off though. I had to pull back the roof cover and get in there. It sucked.

If you insert a long 1/4 screwdriver into the straight sides of the U shape, and turn. The cover will pop. Do both sides and it will pop free.

Back