Removing taillights. 01 Explorer sport. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Removing taillights. 01 Explorer sport.

01_sport

Reaction score
City, State
MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
I am having a hell of a time trying to get my taillights out. My back rear gate doesn't open, tried fixing it, but am lost on that also. I pulled the interior plastic off of the latch panel recently, but am still lost on what to do. What is the best way for me to pull the taillights out, and what should I do about fixing my gate. The latch seems to be disconnected from the door? I think... When I pull the handle from the outside, I get no tension.

If it's like my 97, you're not going to be able to get the taillights out without opening the hatch. with the hatch open, it's a simple 2 screws and they pull out.

Well then, hahaha, I wonder how I am going to get my hatch open.

Is the latch assembly atcually unlocking? Check that the linkage from the lock actuator hasn't become disconnected, check that the piece it connects to hasn't come off... poke and prod until the problem becomes evident.

If all else fails, there's always acetylene torches... That'll get the door open AND remove the lights...

Back