Rental car question

Rudsther2435

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Yuma, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer XLT
I dropped my car off this Monday to address a list of concerns, and it was supposed to be ready yesterday, then today, and now tomorrow. They cant figure out the howling noise from the windshield, so I sent the service advisor an email with links to the forum pages where the issues have been resolved. So I'm sure now its going to take longer than tomorrow. Meanwhile I have no car to drive. Service advisor told me they don't give rentals, but the vehicle is 2013 with 6000 miles, I think they should be giving me a rental considering the car is fairly new and has this many issues, could anyone verify their experiences with a similar issue, maybe perhaps even the Ford service advisors on here, give me a more definite answer of whether I should be put into a loaner vehicle?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can tell you that I've always been given a rental while within the bumper to bumper. Dealerships don't normally offer them and Ford does not offer it unless you have a Ford ESP. However, I've gone through Ford CS rep on here which connected me with the Regional CS manager for my area. i've always explained my situation and acknowledged that I'm aware that they don't cover loaners but asked that they make an exception.

Every time my vehicle went in, I've always waited to get a bunch of issues to be fixed at once where it would take several days (that probably helped my case).

I was always polite and always made sure they understood that I wasn't demanding or expecting one. It has always been successful for me (I think 4 rentals covered). However, now I have a Ford ESP and I was always planning on buying one which gives me a free rental every time I go in.

Please see my forum entry dated today, (10-2-2013), above under the fuel module recall sticky. It shows that I did get a loaner and it also shows what has to be done to get at the fuel pump.

I was provided a loaner by the dealership while they had our Explorer for almost 2 months...

I dropped my car off this Monday to address a list of concerns, and it was supposed to be ready yesterday, then today, and now tomorrow. They cant figure out the howling noise from the windshield, so I sent the service advisor an email with links to the forum pages where the issues have been resolved. So I'm sure now its going to take longer than tomorrow. Meanwhile I have no car to drive. Service advisor told me they don't give rentals, but the vehicle is 2013 with 6000 miles, I think they should be giving me a rental considering the car is fairly new and has this many issues, could anyone verify their experiences with a similar issue, maybe perhaps even the Ford service advisors on here, give me a more definite answer of whether I should be put into a loaner vehicle?
blwnsmoke is correct in that Ford does not supply a rental/loaner. The following is from page 6 of the 3rd printing of your 2013 Warranty Guide brochure;

Ford and your dealer are not responsible for any time or income that
you lose, any inconvenience you might be caused, the loss of your
transportation or use of your vehicle, the cost of rental vehicles, fuel,
telephone, travel, meals, or lodging, the loss of personal or commercial
property, the loss of revenue, or for any other incidental or
consequential damages you may have

If a dealer supplies one, it is done at their expense. In rare cases, a recall notice may contain a clause for the provision of a rental/loaner but this would be the exception to the rule.

Peter

I dropped my car off this Monday to address a list of concerns, and it was supposed to be ready yesterday, then today, and now tomorrow. They cant figure out the howling noise from the windshield, so I sent the service advisor an email with links to the forum pages where the issues have been resolved. So I'm sure now its going to take longer than tomorrow. Meanwhile I have no car to drive. Service advisor told me they don't give rentals, but the vehicle is 2013 with 6000 miles...

Hi Rudsther2435,

I want to get your request into the hands of your regional customer service manager. To make this happen, send me a PM with your name, phone number, VIN, and servicing dealership. I'll do the rest. :)

Crystal

I was provided a loaner for 2 hours while they did regular service an turned on my DRL. I belive this varies by dealer, mostly its a courtesy and not mandatory to have loaners/rentals.

That's IMO

I was provided a loaner for 2 hours while they did regular service an turned on my DRL. I belive this varies by dealer, mostly its a courtesy and not mandatory to have loaners/rentals.

That's IMO
Agree 100% :thumbsup:

Peter

Back