• Register Today It's free!

Rented a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee

steve04KU

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
I was on a business trip this week and a co-worker of mine rented a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

What a turd.

It's just cheap in comparison to The Explorer Sport. It's narrower, feels much tighter. Especially in the 2nd row. There was NO 3rd row seat in this. Hardly any storage room in the back. CRAMPED.

You couldn't give me one of those things. I'll take my Sport ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was on a business trip this week and a co-worker of mine rented a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

What a turd.

It's just cheap in comparison to The Explorer Sport. It's narrower, feels much tighter. Especially in the 2nd row. There was NO 3rd row seat in this. Hardly any storage room in the back. CRAMPED.

You couldn't give me one of those things. I'll take my Sport ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!!!!
Thanks for the evaluation Steve. That vehicle is one that caught my eye on the TV commercials. Good to know. :thumbsup:

Peter

Well the Durango is heavily based on the Grand Cherokee but the Durango has a 3rd row. Those two are basically are on the same platform. When I drove a Chevy Cruze rental, it was so cheap compared to a Ford Focus. I'm sticking with Ford based on their designs, however, they do need to improve on quality. I'm just really impressed with their 3.6 update.

The Jeep Grand Cherokee engine choices and headlamps are much more nicer though but it's due to FIAT owning them that made that upgrade. To buy American now is GM and Ford.

The srt8 looks like it would be fun to drive

The Jeep Grand Cherokee engine choices and headlamps are much more nicer though but it's due to FIAT owning them that made that upgrade. To buy American now is GM and Ford.

Engine choices nicer due to fiat? Explain that for me please? The pentastar is not fiats? Both hemis are from long before fiat too partnership. So that leaves the diesel.

Comparing a sport to the GC is apples and oranges. Having owned a '12 Overland I can say it was way smoother, quieter and comfortable compared to the Sport we had. It also had a sport mode and an air suspension. But ya know if you wouldn't take one if someone made you, it's your loss. It was our favorite that we have owned the past few years over several next to the MDX Advance.

Back