Repair done under warranty, but still having issues, can anything be done? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Repair done under warranty, but still having issues, can anything be done?

billb1981

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer
I've been having the rear end noise that many of you have already noted as a problem, and the TSB 05-12-6 was the fix.

My ford dealer performed TSB 05-23-3 on it, and I still have the same issue, 25k miles later. I'm now out of my warranty period, but I thought ford guaranteed all repairs. Can anythign be done about this?

They replaced the ring and pinion and all bearings according to their vehicle history.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Billb1981... It depends, what's the normal wear and tear of the items repaired - how much mileage should you get from those parts before repair? And how do you use the vehicle, daily driver, etc...?

Hi Billb1981... It depends, what's the normal wear and tear of the items repaired - how much mileage should you get from those parts before repair? And how do you use the vehicle, daily driver, etc...?

I just drive the vehicle to and from work, no real hard wear on it. I'm assuming there is really nothing I can do, Should I just take it in to a dealer to investigate?

As as for why I waited.....Because I've been reading many of these posts that are the same thing, and had a very bad experience with a Ford dealer in Overland Park, and because of that, I decided I would never take my vehicle back there. Yes, I should probably have taken it to another dealer, but I had an aftermarket warranty that this place honored as a 0 deductible. I guess we learn.

They're going to ask you exactly what Aldive asked you... At this point you should probably do just that, go to another dealer and explain to their Service Mgr.

Back