Repairing plastic crack... stupid mistake | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Repairing plastic crack... stupid mistake

Well I'm trying to fix this moulding for the driver piller that I cracked while replacing the windshield on a customers car tonight.

It's not no high end car or something special so I don't want to have to replace this with a new one if I can make the plastic look some what good, if I cant then I'll call the scrap yard.

Any tips on fixing this, I'v got super glue but it doesn't want to hold very well and takes awhile to dry on this for som reason... Thanks in advance.

melt it then use a knife and fine sand paper to buff it out?

IMG_0582.jpg

I'd get a new one, or go the yard and get one... If they find out later that you broke it and tried to cover it up, you'll lose their business; and maybe other business as well if they tell other people...

I agree, it will cost a few bucks but be worth it in the long run. If it were mine thats what I would expect.

I agree with replacing it, but for a sturdy temporary fix, try using Plastic Welder on the baskside.

1062652_110707i_ks.jpg

IMO, ddhesives on that is going to be noticable because of the pattern on the plastic -- I'd say you replace it especially since this is commercial and not your vehicle.

Back