Replaced Front Brake Pads... Now They're Moaning | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Replaced Front Brake Pads... Now They're Moaning

LittleRadio

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Explorer XLT 2WD
Put on new Motorcraft front brake pads on my '08 Explorer XLT 2WD. Upon braking, I'm getting a moaning sound.

I took the wheels off, took off the calipers, greased both slide pins on both sides, made sure there was no crud on the new metal slide grooves I installed with the new pads, and re-assembled.

The driver's side is still moaning when braking.

I'm thinking I may not have properly aligned the slider bolt's collar (the bolt that gets greased, not the caliper bolt that screws into it) which is flat on opposite sides with the notched formation surrounding the inside of the caliper's bolt hole.

Thoughts?

Lol, mine do this also... not sure why though. Mine seem to creak under a heavy braking condition instead of a longer and more gentle braking condition.

Put on new Motorcraft front brake pads on my '08 Explorer XLT 2WD. Upon braking, I'm getting a moaning sound.

I took the wheels off, took off the calipers, greased both slide pins on both sides, made sure there was no crud on the new metal slide grooves I installed with the new pads, and re-assembled.

The driver's side is still moaning when braking.

I'm thinking I may not have properly aligned the slider bolt's collar (the bolt that gets greased, not the caliper bolt that screws into it) which is flat on opposite sides with the notched formation surrounding the inside of the caliper's bolt hole.

Thoughts?
Did you figure out the noise

Back