replaceing the fuel filter on a 194 explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

replaceing the fuel filter on a 194 explorer

movielover1

Reaction score
City, State
Mount Holly
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Ford Explorer Limite
I know this has been discussed here many of times. I've been haveing problems getting the fuel lines seperated from my fuel filter. I talked to a mechanic and he said that if the filter is hard to get off it most likely has some gung built up around the seal. He suggested that I spray a tiny amount of WD40 into the fuel line at the filter. Presty the filter came right off. Just make sure before you put the new filter on to wipe the fuel lines off real good just incase.

I went through the same thing on mine, and your right, alittle wd40 works great!

I know this has been discussed here many of times. I've been haveing problems getting the fuel lines seperated from my fuel filter. I talked to a mechanic and he said that if the filter is hard to get off it most likely has some gung built up around the seal. He suggested that I spray a tiny amount of WD40 into the fuel line at the filter. Presty the filter came right off. Just make sure before you put the new filter on to wipe the fuel lines off real good just incase.

'194' explorer...is that the sequence # or a really old one...hehehe j/k

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try next time.

sweet.

Back