Replacement for Center Console in 03 ST | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Replacement for Center Console in 03 ST

gguerra

Reaction score
City, State
McAllen, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport Trac 4x4
I have finallly given up on trying to repair the armrest on my 03 Sport Trac. The armrest broke last year from the plastic frame that holds it together. I know there are metal repair kits available but I cannot seem to find it for my model year. I don't want to repair it with the same cheap plastic frame and just have it break again.

I have the type of console that has a black fabric bag and I just do not like it anyways..

I am looking to replace it with a console that has a built in storage area/cooler with a lid and cup holder/s. There are some universal console availables on the internet.. I know that ford makes a console like the one I want but I dont want to pay the expensive prices the dealer will charge and I have not been able to find one at any salvage yards.

I found this console but it is not available in tan which is what I need
http://cpwstore.carpartswholesale.com/catalog/details/Univ/Outland/Center_Console/O2339923.html

I'm going to replace mine with a console from an older Explorer. The bag is useless, to me anyway. I'm using the older style arm rest now and it works fine but I want a real console...with a lid! I'll just eBay my console and bag. The bags bring real good money!

ExplorerBroncoIIarmrest2.jpg

Back