Replacement for slow leaking radiator | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Replacement for slow leaking radiator

Ruddy

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer XLT V8 4WD
Callsign
Ruddy
Found an old and ongoing slow radiator leak in my 2010 4.6L recently bought. No surprise it looks to be coming from the seam of the top plastic. Going to RockAuto I see all the replacement ones including Motorcraft are still plastic and aluminum.
What is the current thinking here on a replacement? Have any improvemrnts been made in the Motorcraft one? I did see this all Aluminum one on Ebay:

I bought this one based on the recommendation of YouTuber FordTechMakuloco. It has been working well for the past 3-4 months with no problems so far. Here is his video about replacing a radiator in 2006-2010 Explorers. It is informative and worth watching.

Thanks!
So, no problems with the transmission lines fitting and did you use that small plastic tools he had for removing the lines off the old radiator?

I bought this one based on the recommendation of YouTuber FordTechMakuloco. It has been working well for the past 3-4 months with no problems so far. Here is his video about replacing a radiator in 2006-2010 Explorers. It is informative and worth watching.

I bought the parts he recommended and had a local repair shop replace it. They never indicated there was a problem. While they had it torn apart I had them replace the water pump and thermostat as this is a easy job with the radiator out.

Back