Replacement of standard 2nd row seatbelts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Replacement of standard 2nd row seatbelts

alfredfife

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Can anyone please tell me if Ford would allow the replacement of the standard 2nd row seatbelts with the inflatable seatbelts and seat base??

The inflatable belts were not available when I got my 2011 Explorer and I would like to add them now as it seems to be a good safety feature.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can anyone please tell me if Ford would allow the replacement of the standard 2nd row seatbelts with the inflatable seatbelts and seat base??

The inflatable belts were not available when I got my 2011 Explorer and I would like to add them now as it seems to be a good safety feature.

Previous conversations have said no. It's a replacement of the safety belts, addition of the seatbelt pillow sensors (tied into the front and side airbags) as well as replacement of the seatbelt clips (what the seatbelt snaps into). The clips have a wire running out of them which tells the vehicle whether they are being used (to activate or deactivate the inflatable pillow sensor).

It is a lot more involved then just replacing the belts.

July 1969 we put a man on the moon; then we did it again and again! Now, in 2011 we cannot make this change??? Makes about as much sense as having Obama as the President!!!!

Its NUTS!!! My Service manager at my dealer is contacting Ford technical advisor to make this happen. I am sick of this crap..we cannot do that and cannot do this and we better not try this!!!! Why didn't all these questions come up in November 2008?

I can only imagine the parts/labor cost for this.

Please report back your findings, Im definately curious.

You know ou are right about that! I was so tied up in being told it could not be done, I forgot about the cost???
How much did it cost to put a man on the moon??? Answer: a little less than inflatable belt install. Case closed. I will post the price if this is possible.

You know ou are right about that! I was so tied up in being told it could not be done, I forgot about the cost???
How much did it cost to put a man on the moon??? Answer: a little less than inflatable belt install. Case closed. I will post the price if this is possible.

LOL, cant wait to hear the price breakdown

Hi alfredfife, were you ever able to find out if it was possible and if so how much it cost?

Back