Replacement Power Steering Reservoir | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Replacement Power Steering Reservoir

Elbereth42

Reaction score
City, State
Rochester, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Limited
Hey there, folks!

I've been lurking around for a bit now, and really haven't had a need to post anything, since every question I've had has been answered somewhere else. I can say for sure that I've saved many hours and hundreds of dollars thanks to you folks. Thanks!

So, now that I've put you all up on a pedestal, I've got a real melon scratcher here: Where the hell do I get a replacement power steering reservoir? I've googled both numbers on the reservoir (M536A and PA66-GF33), and can't even find pictures of it, I can't find it at O'Reilly's or on rockauto.com. I've never had rockauto let me down.

One of the nipples on the bottom (the wider one, I believe it's the outlet) is cracked along its height, almost halfway, starting from the tip. I figure it's only a matter of time before it completes the crack, and I'll have a leak, so it's not an emergency now, but might be soon.

Thanks so much for everything you folks have done, and here's hoping there's an answer to this question in somebody's head.

That's probably a dealer only part.

You could try searching with either your VIN or year/make/model here:

www.fordparts.com

For mine the price was $40 or so. The number listed there (3A697) is not a part number but some sort of an ID number that prevents you from searching for an alternate part online

$40.05. That is a heck of a site - thanks for pointing it out to me.

And it has amazing blowup diagrams! Fantastic resource!

Back