Replacing bench with 2nd row bucket seats | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Does anyone know if you can swap out the bench seat in the 2nd row for bucket seats? The dealer has told me it cannot be done but looking under the seats it seems pretty plausible to me.

Where can I buy bucket seats besides a junk yard?
Welcome to the Forum wwinkley.:wavey:
As mentioned in my PM, I have merged your thread with this one.
You may be able to order them from the dealer but I don't think it will be cheap.
You probably will only require one as the passenger side is already a single bucket seat.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The updated limited has 2nd row passenger side that slides, reclines and folds with built date 2013s and considered 2014MY not 2012s and considered 2013MY.

Mine is a 2012 built date so I missed that feature. *sigh*

The updated limited has 2nd row passenger side that slides, reclines and folds with built date 2013s and considered 2014MY not 2012s and considered 2013MY.

Mine is a 2012 built date so I missed that feature. *sigh*
The only feature you missed is the 'slide'. You still have the 'fold' and 'recline'. Two out of three ain't bad.;)

Peter

On the 60/40 bench seats, does anybody else have the 40 seat on the pass. side sit approx. an 1" than higher than the 60 seat? My 40 seat slides didn't know if this is common to the sliders or if I'm the one miss matched seats. Do non sliders also sit higher too?

If I'm not the lone one ,what would be the reason for Ford to offset the height? Looked at the Acadia,and they all sat flush.

thanks,tinner

On the 60/40 bench seats, does anybody else have the 40 seat on the pass. side sit approx. an 1" than higher than the 60 seat? My 40 seat slides didn't know if this is common to the sliders or if I'm the one miss matched seats. Do non sliders also sit higher too?

If I'm not the lone one ,what would be the reason for Ford to offset the height? Looked at the Acadia,and they all sat flush.

thanks,tinner
Mine is a non slider and is level. This was discussed in another thread some time ago. It might look like it is raised but that is because of the middle 'seat'.
I put a 4 foot level across them and it showed they were level.

Peter

Attachments

• P4280333a.jpg
    P4280333a.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 654

Mine is a non slider and is level. This was discussed in another thread some time ago. It might look like it is raised but that is because of the middle 'seat'.
I put a 4 foot level across them and it showed they were level.

Peter

That's what mine looks like. Just took a 6 foot level and you are right, the 2 end seats are even its the middle seat its lower since it's flat without the curved side supports on the butt cushions.

Thanks Peter----tinner

Does anyone know if the passenger side 2nd row for a bench seat is the same as the passenger side 2nd row buckets? So, if you want buckets, do you just need the driver side 2nd row?

Welcome to the Forum snuddenstang.:wavey:
As far as we know the passenger side (40%) is that same as the bucket. At least that is the info that have been posted before. With 2nd row buckets, neither seat has an inboard armrest.

Peter

That was the conclusion I came to by looking at photos but hoped someone knew for sure. I found a set of used buckets and really only need the driver side.

Looking like an XLT feature that the Limiteds don't get. I guess if you look at it from Fords side, it is called Limited, not Unlimited.

Hi Bryceb, I think it depends on built date. I too have a '13 limited with built date May 2012. if you have '13 limited with 4th quarter built date then you get the sliding 40 bench seat. Sucks. It is quite annoying to fold in and and out.

I think the 40 seat is slightly different than the bucket. The part where your left shoulder would rest while sitting is squared to meet with the 60 side. The bucket appears more rounded and symmetrical judging by the photos. You could probably get away with one if you don't mind them being slightly different. Maybe Levittown Ford could piece together a bucket seat kit for those of us who would like to convert from bench.

Second Row Bucket Seats

Hey everyone! I'm looking for a little guidance here. I own a 2013 Explorer Limited with a second row bench seat and I really, really, really want to swap out the bench portion for a bucket seat. The dealer basically told me they can't (won't?) help and trying to find one is proving to be impossible. Is there anyone out there that would want to swap or does anyone have a solution to this? I'll be putting in a second child's car seat so that basically renders the third row unusable and that just sucks. I've read through a bunch of the old posts but haven't found Anything useful yet. Any help or ideas would be much appreciated!

captain chairs

Hello Everyone,

I have a 2013 explorer with the regular bench seating in the 2nd row. I am expecting another child and do not want to trade in my vehicle to get another one, so is it possible to switch the 2nd row out and put captain chairs in? If so where can I get them from? Websites would be appreciated. Thanks:usa:

Welcome to the Forum cespitia.:wavey:
Those seats are correctly referred to as 'bucket' seats. In the bench configuration you have now, you already have a bucket seat. The 40 part is the same as a bucket seat. Another thing to keep in mind is that bucket seats do not have inboard armrests.
I have merged your thread with this existing one on the same topic. Good luck.

Peter

I would like to switch to buckets and center console also.

Swapping Bench For Captains Chairs in the Second Row With No Console

I know this has been brought up before. But is there a way, to order the Second Row Captains Chairs for my 2012 Limited, without the console and swap it for the bench?

Has anyone successfully done this? Does it look like it was done by factory when completed?

As mentioned in a few threads, you already have on of the bucket seats as part of the bench. The 40 part is a bucket seat onto itself.

Peter

Has anyone actually completed this conversion that has the inflatable seat belts? On a 2012, my bench seats were pre sliding.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry newbie question here, but we have the second row bench. If and I said if i find bucket/captiain seats to go in the second row are they just an unbold and bolt in the new ones or? Any help would be much appreciated.

We have a 2013 Explorer XLT - I think, its the better half not mine and it came with her haha

Back