replacing front sway bar bushings | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

replacing front sway bar bushings

G

gensic11

I read Aldive's post about how much tighter the ride felt when replacing the swaybar bushings with some Autozone ones.. but here's my question. I talked to Al and he said that I have the hollow sway bar and his is not hollow. He suggested replacement with an EE swaybar but I can't afford that right now. I was wondering if anyone has replaced their front sway bar bushings without replacing the hollow sway bar.. and if it made any difference in handling?

Thanks

Josh

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

gensic11 said:
I read Aldive's post about how much tighter the ride felt when replacing the swaybar bushings with some Autozone ones.. but here's my question. I talked to Al and he said that I have the hollow sway bar and his is not hollow. He suggested replacement with an EE swaybar but I can't afford that right now. I was wondering if anyone has replaced their front sway bar bushings without replacing the hollow sway bar.. and if it made any difference in handling?

Thanks

Josh

Have you considered a salvage yard? Look for a 98-01 front swaybar, and the mounts. Should be easy to pull, and it is solid. Just a suggestion.

good point.. i wonder how much they would charge for that.. salvage yards like to rip you

Check with Karl ( kbabiak)
or Terry ( ped5stang).

If you go the pick and pull route, tell them what its worth to you before pulling. Walk away if too high, They will turn you back around I'd bet

well i replaced my bushings for the front and the rears are goin in soon, and i had a bit of difference in the way she handled. and didn't have to replace the sway bar.

Back