Replacing the grill and headlight bevels | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Replacing the grill and headlight bevels

Reaction score
City, State
North Dakota
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 sport 90k, 94 Xlt 157k
Im going to be ordering a new grille and new headlight bevels because the ones on my ex are chipping and they have scratches on them. Has anyone replaced these on there explorer? I know it probably wouldnt be that hard ,has anyone put together maybe a bundle of photos on the steps to do so? Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im going to be ordering a new grille and new headlight bevels because the ones on my ex are chipping and they have scratches on them. Has anyone replaced these on there explorer? I know it probably wouldnt be that hard ,has anyone put together maybe a bundle of photos on the steps to do so? Thanks

grille is really easy to change out. The hardest part is pulling the turn signal assembly from the body ( I still have scars from that).

Otherwise it's an unbolt/ unscrew and rebolt etc.

If you can go to a junkyard and see how one comes apart etc before you tackle yours. That's what I did.

Pretty easy. I have done it on 3 1st gens.

And for those parts I found Ebay to be the least expensive. Really no difference between the parts offered, just sort by price & get what's the cheapest shipped to you.

RE: Jason94sport, the one i ordered was only $26.41, do you know where i could buy a new emblem for the grille?

lmctruck.com

But I always used the old one. It's held on by 2 nuts from the back.

Back