Replacing the Ugly 16" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Replacing the Ugly 16"

I have been wanting to replace the ass ugly, space craft type, chrome wheels that came standard on my '98 Sport.

They are 16" rims and give the truck a cosmopolitan street truck look. I would much rather have a tougher, more rugged looking rim but am having trouble locating manufacturers. The Tire Rack does not show any wheels for Explorers.

Could anybody provide the wheel dimensions and some good brand name wheels for the Explorer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i got some eagle alloy 058s..i really like'em give it a nice tough look. mine are 15x7 stock backspacing.
218402482.jpg

you can get them in 15-17" sizes...i like any wheels in this style..just an idea

My wheels/tires are for sale:):):)

I have the three spoke chrome wheels that came on the Explorer Sport for '98 the only year and vehicle. They are 16x8 and I don't think they look good imho.

I like the Mickey Thompson looks but don't think they make it in my 5x4.5 configuration.

Not quite, those are from a Sport Trac. Thanks anyways

i like the cragar 15x8 series... 47 or 67 or something? i dunno they look just lke the rock krawler rims everyone has. i think they look great and at about $35 a piece from summit you cant go wrong

Back