Replacing V8 badge w/ 5.0 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Replacing V8 badge w/ 5.0

Not sure this is body work? On my 98 I'd like to take the V8 off the side of the fender and put a 5.0 badge there. If I remove the V8 badge will there be holes or is it just stuck on there? Has anyone else done this? (I'm sure you have). Do you have a pic?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have heard that one way to de badge cars is to heat up the badge with a hairdryer or something then move some fishing line back and fort between the car and the badge to like slice through the adhesive.. It supposedly works pretty well, but I have never done it myself.

I just took some of the badges off of my truck. The one in the back has alignment holes as i think the ford in the back would too. The V8 All Wheel Drive that i took off of the fenders is nothing but glue. And like mindless said, heat it up and use fishing line and itll come right off. Any left over glue i found comes right off with Nason reducer. Not sure what paint thinner will do but the Nason took all of it off without disturbing the paint.

I just took my badge off tonight and it was just glued on. I heated it up with a blow dryer, sprayed some WD40 and used a razor blade to take it off. Took all of 5 minutes.:D

^^^^^^^ this is all wonderfull but how can i put the 5.0 badge on and have it hold up to 120+ and the powerwasher as i am an offroader?

Back