...........Replicas??????????? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

...........Replicas???????????

Quick question....I've found what I believe to be an acceptable price for (4) Silver 18"x9" Y2k Cobra R rims and (4) 255/55 R18 Toyo Proxes S/T ($1275, in case anyone cares;$128 per Toyo, $189.75 per Cobra R)....Only one question......The rims are replicas.....Anybody have replicas? How are they? Any bad things to report? Let me know....Thanks guys.......Oh, and what is the required backspacing for a 1995 XLT Explorer 4wd 4dr??? What is the bolt pattern too? Thanks guys....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are a ton of Cobra R replicas on eBay in 17 or 18 inch sizes.

Right, I know there's a ton on eBay, but I want to know if anyone has them and how they have worked out....As a good consumer should be, I'm afraid of getting burnt and I want to know how others have done with them....So how are they and are there any bad things to report about replica Cobra R 18"x9.5" rims? Also, what is the backspacing required for such a rim and what is the bolt pattern for a 1995 XLT Explorer 4wd 4dr???

So 3 questions:
1) Anyone have replicas? How are they? Bad/Good things about them???
2) What is the required backspacing for an 18"x9.5" rim??
3) What is the bolt pattern measurement for a 1995 XLT 4wd 4dr???

Thanks guys....

1. i have replicas, and they are no better/worse than the real thing. they are not made cheaper, nor do they use cheaper materials. almost ANY replica is made by the same manufacturer as the real thing. it is virtually the exact same wheel, and will be of the same quality.

2. there is no required backspacing. you run what they sell you. you arent gonna find anyone that offers custom backspacing on cobra/cobra R replicas, so you deal with the backspacing of the replica you choose.

3. lug pattern is 5x4.5, same as the 94- mustang.

i believe there are 2 different 18" cobra R's out there. the 18x9 1995 cobra R replica, which is just a copy of the original 17x9 1995 cobra R's, or the 18x9.5 2000 cobra R. there are also various other 18" regular cobra's out there that are replicas.

So everyone agrees that replicas are ok to order?? I'm sittin here with the order button to my right on the screen and am about to click it.....

Back