• Register Today It's free!

Resonators

ridge903

Reaction score
City, State
Pheonix, Az
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ranger FX4
Ok so i thought that that the resonators on vehicles were meant to be a creature comfort and took the exhaust noises and toned them down.....there for when i removed my resonator i punched all the honeycomb looking guts out of it that it would make it louder and make my flowmaster original 40 sound better but to my amazement and astonishment i found that the truck is no quiter and the muffler dont sound as throaty as it did when the resonator was stock...... is it just me or does that not sound right....????:rolleyes::confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nope there are two cats one on each header and then ones it comes down into one there is a resonator there and i punched that out

I thought that was a third cat. And i also thought the resonators are after mufflers, if there is a resonator.

nope i talked to ford an they told me that that was a resonator.....and either way it made the truck quiter would it make it louder when i punched it out

if you want it louder chop off the resonater, those are a joke haha and just off your second cat and punch out your first one and put a pipe through it that will make it louder. trust me.

Back