Retrofitsource.com coupon codes, limited time | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Retrofitsource.com coupon codes, limited time

I got this in email today. I scored my Morimoto H1 kit from them recently and they're the real deal. Take advantage of this limited offer and you'll be happy you did. (I am in no way associated with them outside of being a Dead Link Removed):

Shop @ TheRetrofitSource.com's Black Friday Deals!

15% off any order $150.00+ Coupon = TRS-Turkey15
20% off any order $200.00+ Coupon = TRS-Turkey20
25% off any order $250.00+ Coupon = TRS-Turkey25

Shop and combine these other one time deals on the following products(Thursday through Sunday only!)

- Morimoto Mini H1 4.1 Bi-xenon Projectors: $90
- Morimoto Mini D2S 2.0 Bi-xenon Projectors: $80
- FX-R 1.1 Bi-xenon projectors: $100
- Lexus RX-AFS/TSX-R Hybrids: $175
- Morimoto Elite HID Systems: $120

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks, just ordered a set.

tempting......very tempting cause i know my bulbs are starting to fade. brad, did you have to pay any brokerage fee's?

tempting......very tempting cause i know my bulbs are starting to fade. brad, did you have to pay any brokerage fee's?

Not a dime. They ship USPS if you ask (and I think it's a dropdown option when you check out). Shipping was reasonable too and my package got here real fast. They package up all the components real nice.

They're definitely one of the best online sellers I've ever used and by not insisting on UPS to ship to Canada, they show they "get it".

Thanks, just ordered a set.

Quite welcome. Let us know how your install goes.

I placed an order earlier this month, recieved my D2S kit. Found out that I needed the H1 kit due to the smaller size so i'm in the process of getting product exchanged.

Great guys to deal with for sure.

But when I saw those coupons they emailed..... let's just say i'm frustrated for missing out on the 25% savings.

I placed an order earlier this month, recieved my D2S kit. Found out that I needed the H1 kit due to the smaller size so i'm in the process of getting product exchanged.

But when I saw those coupons they emailed..... let's just say i'm frustrated for missing out on the 25% savings.

Brad,

I was actually surprised you didn't go with the H1 kit. It's virtually plug and play with our headlights. Too bad about missing out on the coupon. I got in on a group buy on another site (Hidplanet) and got that deal which ultimately made me decide to do the retrofit in the first place.

I've been very happy with this setup. :)

Brad 2

I was just under the false impression that what I ordered was right. The D2S kit may have worked with maybe 2mm to spare in that aftermarket OEM style headlight housing. LOL. Even if I could fit them in there the shroud wouldnt turn out very good because it would require major trimming.

For anyone else doing the Gen 2 install just go with the H1 mini morimotos from the start because of their more compact size.

For anyone else doing the Gen 2 install just go with the H1 mini morimotos from the start because of their more compact size.

Absolutely. That was the recommendation I got from two EF members before I did the deed. I did NOT want to do much trimming and I didn't have to.

I saw another EF case where someone tried to retro a Morimoto FX-R into their Diamond Cuts and destroyed the one light housing and gave up on the project. Epic #FAIL if I've ever seen it. Who saw that coming? (I sure did....on a number of fronts. :rolleyes:)

Sorry Brad, I thought you knew to try the H1. I was puzzled when you were going the D2S route because you seemed more cautious than I was. I'm glad you're able to do the exchange.

MorimotoMiniH1Stage3Kitl.jpg

if for what ever reason you cant return your kit, let me know. i may be interested in it, as i have bmw projectors in mine. that and it looks like so far us canucks rule this thread! :D

while you're at it, pick up a set of clear lenses :D

I was just under the false impression that what I ordered was right. The D2S kit may have worked with maybe 2mm to spare in that aftermarket OEM style headlight housing. LOL. Even if I could fit them in there the shroud wouldnt turn out very good because it would require major trimming.

I'm sure the D2S kit would work, but the only thing good about the D2S is the availability to use OEM bulbs. Otherwise, the H1 outperforms it in every way. And the D2S requires some cutting with a 9007 housing, the only type of housing it will fit right into is an H4 type.

do you think I could do this on my first gen? which one would I need?

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321104

17eb8517.jpg

if for what ever reason you cant return your kit, let me know. i may be interested in it, as i have bmw projectors in mine. that and it looks like so far us canucks rule this thread! :D

No they sent me a return form and the product was sent back, and as I said before really good customer service. So i'm expecting them to be shipping the proper kit to me anytime now.

dreddog47;2852821 [url said:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321104[/url]

17eb8517.jpg

I figured they'd work with the Gen 1. I knew you had done it, but forgot. I always think of you as a "Bronco Guy" now. ;)

Dreddog of course is the one who convinced me to do the deed with my 2nd gen. I'm glad I did. :thumbsup:

Back