Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
Cleghorn004.jpg

Well My day got cut a little short...:rolleyes: Nice day out though:thumbsup: Was good to see our Suprise guest Jefe show up.

So I fliped mine on my side, My buddy in his Frontier came down the same hill and and flew (all 4 off the ground) thru the air 3 seperate times, and then manage to live to tell about it. It happend so fast and was amazing, all anyone could do was drop there jaw.:eek:

At the end after we dropped off Gil's truck at his fab guys place and I took him home were we saw Eric Estrata "Ponch" in his 80's Rolls.:D

Good times:thumbsup::p:

Also thanks to everyone for help getting it back on 4 wheels:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ha, that's me at the very bottom of the hill thinking something to the effect of "OMG!"

Steve, good thing you had your roll cage in. Glad to see your all right.

The funny thing is that Winter and I were sitting in my truck wondering what the hold up was ahead of us cause nobody said anything until we decided to investigate. Glad both Steve and Jefe were ok though:thumbsup:
Jefe sure has a knack of riding in vehicles that roll:confused:

All in all it was a great day out, it was nice to meet some new people. We had off and on cloud cover and a breeze would kick up once and awhile. HOH (hill of hell) kicked my butt once again, maybe it's wheelbase, too agressive of tires...who knows but my truck just did not want to make it to the top. Colin made it up afer adjusting his line and made it look fairly easy. This will be my last trip for awhile, probably until Truckhaven season so I can work on some suspension and engine issues as well as fabbing up a cage. If i'm feeling really ambitious, I may ditch the bed and make one out of tube.

Attachments

• Cleghorn005.jpg
    Cleghorn005.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 3,807

Some of those members in that group were up there on our previous run too.
like that white jeep and the silver one with the tow strap around the bumper.

They even got a pic of Stic-o's truck after the roll over and posted it i guess he might become a internet celeb now:D

here's there pic:

I think that still rj's photo you can see his photobucket alblum

I just figured out that one of my budies I was telling the story to that posted that pic.

well, i made it home and i must say, i had a blast...got plenty of new pinstripping and after running both trails, a fantastic bar b q, and harley is still chewing on her big ol' rib bone, lol...:D

I think that still rj's photo you can see his photobucket alblum

I just figured out that one of my budies I was telling the story to that posted that pic.

Will be posting pics, wISH i HAD THE VIDEO GOIN' WHEN THAT KNUMBSKULL almost rolled his nissan!

this was'nt you was it?

i believe thats who they were talking about...vehicle number 2 down that road....

Will be posting pics, wISH i HAD THE VIDEO GOIN' WHEN THAT KNUMBSKULL almost rolled his nissan!

this was'nt you was it?

think that was.. they were right in front of us.. we were cought behind them when first got on Cleghorn road

btw cyber, this was within feet of where your famous d-50 pic was taken...:D

Great trip! First I need to say thank you again to Khiori, Ritsui and the two dogs for their hospitality and great food at their kick ass house.

So yeah, stic-o tipped over, (glad you and Jefe are ok) but the story of the day was Gill in Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Glad you're ok man, that was insane!! I was ready to take video, but like Steve said, it happened so fast and all I could do is watch and scream holy sh..oh..OH..OOH..Oh my god...HOLE LEE SHAT!!!

I'm glad I finally got to run these trails. It's been a long time coming and I had a blast doing it. It's always great to meet new people and wheel with the regulars. Blah blah blah, on to the pics.

The whole album is HERE, but here are some teasers. I still need to upload some vid of rolling stic-o back over, and Dave climbing some rocks.

IMG_2526.jpg

IMG_2528.jpg

IMG_2540.jpg

IMG_2550.jpg

IMG_2561.jpg

IMG_2567.jpg

oh, and my friend Ryan got a few pics too that I'll post when I get them from him.

I only count 1 tire on the ground there... I'm so in roll over posse!:p:

IMG_2529.jpg

That right Jeff was in my truck before I went down the hill.. I bet if would have come down in my truck I would have rolled.

It's been 15 year's since I done that trail. I see now that they have put wooden barrier's on either side of that hill. You were able to go up or down on all 3 side's before. The far right side was the most difficult of all.

cyber, it was about 50' before that turn...i did a couple good wheel stands and one was where your pic was taken...and one a couple turns before where stic-o went down...

let's just say the one where your pic was taken was about as close as i've been to flopping one...and we had a spotter...woohoo...the tight turns i wasn't digging so much but for climbs and narrows, i had a blast...so did harley...she only got thrown to the floorboard once...no worry's, there was already lots of soft padding there....
the 2n17x (sp) pretty much started where cleghorn left off...doing cleghorn first was a good primer to the other trail...the weather was alot better than what was expected to...we had cloud cover from the o.c. all the way up to cleghorn...then sun the rest of the day and some really decent cool breeze right across the ridgeline on the second trail...

i must add, rangerX's grandaughter was a trooper...i believe it was her first trail run and she got a perfect view of stic-o's roll and mustard23's wild ride, the trail repairs of both, and when we went to the next trail, the last pic in the db-1 video above, she had a little hesitation but she sucked it up and after getting thru the trails and also playing photographer for a bit, i think she might be seen on future runs...i am sure she has plenty of stories to tell all her friends...i'll post some of the pics she took later today...she gets a :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Those were some great pictures. I can't wait to see the rest. I'm really kicking myself for not pulling out my camera.

It was awesome meeting you all. I am looking forward to doing it again sometime. And it was an honor to be able to have the BBQ here afterwards. :)

Btw, looks like I pretty badly bruised my leg, jumping off the tail gate of my truck when Gill was making his wild run off the hill side. Does that constitute "body damage"?? :p:

Back