Return from Colorado Summer Run 2005 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from Colorado Summer Run 2005

rino351

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Golden, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
Well, it was a very fun time this weekend! Great weather Friday and Saturday. Got some rain and hail on Sunday, but that just made things a little more fun.
Carnage that I know of:
Friday: nothing from explorer4x4, but a 4runner that we met up with broke a front leaf
Saturday: hub (myself), I think everyone got some new dents
Sunday: Jamal (makavehli) popped out his pass. side coil

All in all, a great trip with some great wheelin and great scenery!! :D

I'm sure my brother will chime in with some pictures soon, along with everyone else.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hahha nice..I love how you just post the carnage! Thats what we want to see. But where is the pictures?

yeah i want pictures of this carnage. i want to see what i'm lookin forward to when i wheel out west someday.

Absolutely great run!!! It was my first time 4wheelin and I loved it. Thanx to all for helping me when my coil spring came out, it was funny that it happened at the end of the run but cool. And to all to be warned try to avoid having a fire extinguisher behind the front seats- as I learned a lesson there :frustrate Would like to do again.

Pics will be up soon..........

PICS! :D Sounds like fun. :thumbsup:

did the extinguisher bob you in the head or did it go off inside the truck? hahaha

I adjusted the seat to slide back and in went off in the truck

Ouch......
Its also not the best spot for grabbing it when your engine is on fire :) I put mine in the cargo area. We had a can of spray deodorant go off in a bug one time on the highway, those old bug heaters dont mess around.....we are driving and BOOM, car fills up with white crap, pull over to find a piece of metal in the bottom of my steel toed doc martins, I was sitting in the spot with the aerosol can, thankfull we got off the road and nobody was hurt. That'll teach my friends to keep a messy car! hahaha

Easter Sunday one year I was running a bit early decided to check out a local wheeling spot, got stuck in mud, opened the door with the truck in reverse to check the tire situation, hit the gas = DUMBASS. I showed up about 2 hours later, very dirtyin my Easter clothes....never do that again! hahaha you only do these things once........

I'm glad things went wll for you guys. Sorry we had to drop out :( Can't wait to see the pics!!

Pics! Where's the pics?

Well I just got back. I had a great time as well. It was good to meet new people on the board and see others again. The rain and hail on sunday made the trail fun as the stream had overflowed and was running down the trail in one place, plus it kept the dust down which was a relief from Saturday.

I will get my pics up by tonight.

Hey guys, sorry I missed meeting up with everyone on Saturday for the BBQ, we did go up to the Leadville area but had to be back in town for a poker party. I got a call from someone but sorry I didn't know who it was and the phone number got chopped up. My bad. Here's a pic I took near Turquoise Lake:
scenic16.jpg

Brian, the pics work good. I wish my truck was running better I would have loved to come down. I need to get it fixed I miss wheeling.

Tim

Brian- no pics of the quad about to go over the cliff? :D

I'll tell my brother to get the pics up.
Matt- I tried calling you as well as Brian. Too bad you didn't make it. We had a pretty good little cookout in the rec room at the campground. ;)

Edit- anyone heard from Mike?

rino351 said:
Brian- no pics of the quad about to go over the cliff? :D?
LOL, no. We were just sitting around talking and I didnt have my camera when it happened.
rino351 said:
Edit- anyone heard from Mike?
He said his computer is broken so he will not be on for a while unless he uses someone elses. I havent heard however if he made it back, Im sure he did.

rino351 said:
I'll tell my brother to get the pics up.

I would like to get a disc(s) of the Holy Cross run. Tell him I'll pay him or give him the discs. Thanks.

Here's a few pics of the Holy Cross run at French Creek. I didn't take enough pics :mad:

hc7.jpg

hc9.jpg

hc8.jpg

hc4.jpg

What a great run!! I had a blast and as always it was great to meet other board members (after reading posts from them for a couple of years :D ).

Brian thanks again for leading man...
Mike thanks for the learning lessons on technical jargon with parts and Explorers and stuff..
David... ASPENX... you're a crackup man... it was nice to meet you.!!
Jamal... dang man I still can't believe the fire ext. crap... we'll have to meet up in Denver one of these days... PM me if you want to.

Ryan; as always thank you and your dad and bro... I had a blast hanging out with you guys and getting an awesome free cookout out of the rain. :) :)

Larry sorry we missed you and Jason; I'll look forward to a run with you guys soon. Do you have any plans for early fall / late summer??

Thanks again guys I had a blast.. oh, and Matt in the picture behind your truck... I was at the May Brown campsite at the N.W. end of Turquoise Lake... I would highly recommend it!!! :) :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

alrighty, Jared (sharpshooter) is finally done processing his pictures and should have them up by tonight.
They are worth the wait... :D

I don't know when he'll have the cd's done, but we'll get them sent out hopefully some time soon

Back