Return from Colorado Summer Run 2005 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from Colorado Summer Run 2005

Man I wish I could have made this run....glad you guys had fun, look forward to making it next time once the truck is better prepped (like now, hahaha)

Keep the pics coming.

Who's silver Ex is that with the tire on the roof? I spotted this truck on C-470 Sunday afternoon I believe, I was headed the other direction...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

his name is Jason. He's not on the board, but I've gone wheeling with him a couple times.
It is a very sweet rig!

yeah it looked huge, he had my head turned for sure, of course I am a trained professional.....

pictures from Colorado Summer Run

Aright! What a great trip this last weekend! I dont know what Im going to do when I go back to Kansas...maybe someone will be nice enough to let me ride along on some trail runs in the midwest!
Well I got the pictures done and are posted HERE. I know everyone is interested in the carnage, but there wasnt much!
Here's a picture of Ryan's paint on Larry's truck...that rock gets just about everyone!
29877743-M.jpg

Oh yeah, and Ryan just about fell over. All that kept it up was that little rock touching the bumper!!
29874469-L.jpg

You know, we put that bumper on at the last minute before leaving too!
Oh we also put a transmission in at the last minute too...
29878585-S.jpg
29878589-S.jpg

I know that many of you told me you want the pictures I took, so if you would like a cd of all the pictures from the trip (more than I uploaded) Ill be happy to make you one. I gave away several cd's from the Moab trip, but Im going to have to start charging for the materials so now $5 will get you a cd labeled and in a case, mailed to your door. Just send me a pm or an email to jagab@ku.edu
Thanks for an awesome trip, guys!
Jared
Colorado Summer Run '05

All of the pics look great. Looks like a lot of fun. :thumbsup:

Great pictures Jared. I ate at the Golden Burro Cafe Sunday night (pictured in Jared's Leadville album) and it was really good and very reasonable. If I go back to Leadville I would definately go there again.

rino351 said:
I don't know when he'll have the cd's done, but we'll get them sent out hopefully some time soon

Can you bring 'em to Iron Chest? Please????? :D

By the way folks, We're running Iron Chest on Saturday 8/6/05 You definitely need ground clearance for that trail...............Any takers??? :D

sharp shooter said:
$5 will get you a cd labeled and in a case, mailed to your door.

Can you send one with Ryan when he meets me at Iron Chest on 8/6/05 & I'll give him the 5 bux to give to you? (if you trust him that is ;) )

Brian1 said:
Great pictures Jared. I ate at the Golden Burro Cafe Sunday night (pictured in Jared's Leadville album) and it was really good and very reasonable. If I go back to Leadville I would definately go there again.
yeah, Jared and I ate there Friday night. I've been there before so I figured I'd take Jared. I like that place alot.

Awesome photos Jared... you know no one will almost watch a brother roll... and pause to shoot the pics first...like a brother will :) ;)

Thanks for the hastle before you all go back to school... now I'm making up for it with all my homework!!

I would like more info on this Iron Chest?

35's on a BII enough clearance? hehehehe Man I need sliders....that project keeps getting pushed down the list....

Iron chest is a fun trail. Me and mrboyle both did it with 31's......before they put all the rocks back :D It is pretty narrow and if you are not watching both sides you will smack your mirrors on a tree or rock. The only place for passing is at the very beginning or close to the very top.

410Fortune said:
I would like more info on this Iron Chest?

35's on a BII enough clearance? hehehehe Man I need sliders....that project keeps getting pushed down the list....

Here ya go

http://www.4x4now.com/trcoic.htm

The first mile is a constant rock crawl. Most of the rocks are about a foot in diameter. Some bigger, some smaller. It has the possibility of eating driveshafts & diffs. At least one locker would help greatly. They say 33's are the minimum you'd want on this trail.

Last time I did it, I had 35's & never hurt anything. Heard some BAD noises but nothing broke :D One of the guys though, sliced the sidewall on one of his brand new SSR's.

It's a bumpy ride but it's cool up at the top. Old mining equipment & buildings.

You gonna go? Saturday the 6th of Aug.

I think we should make the run start at 10:00 am. Whatcha think Ryan?

Warrlord said:
Saturday the 6th of Aug.

I think we should make the run start at 10:00 am. Whatcha think Ryan?
Sure that works for me

I love rock gardens :)

410Fortune said:
I love rock gardens :)
well then come on down!!

I'd love to see and hear that BII

Well. Char is home from surgery. Hopefully this will be the last for this lifetime... She's had 6 surgerys since we've been married :rolleyes:

wow, glad she is allright, she is in my thoughts...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Guess what! I'm still alive! J/K
My computer flat lined Sunday before i got a chance to post anything. I'm on my parents computer currently. I had a great time and enjoyed the entire weekend. From camping on the side of the road to getting hailed on it was a great time. Ryan and Jared thank you and your Dad again for the dinner. I didn't take a whole lot of pics but as soon as I get myself a new computer I'll post the ones I have.

On a side note, all those water crossings I played in took a toll on my front hubs. I ran Black Bear Pass backwards (from Telluride up) this morning and found out half way up I only had 2wd! My right front hub wouldn't engage and I ended up driving all the way to the stair steps above Ingram Falls before I could get it to work (had to beat on it with a rock :hammer: )

Rick, Glad to hear things went well for Char. Tell her we are all pulling for her and praying for quick recovery.

Back