Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
it was a late start and only 3 of us showed up...myself and ezeedee arrived before 9 a.m. and the black goblin called saying he was running late...at 10:15 i was finally able to get ahold of him and he was already 1/2 way up the hill instead of meeting us where we were suppose to meet..., lol...

it was hot and dry and dusty...hardly anybody at all on the trail, probably because it was hot, dry, and dusty...the trail is a good run and one i like to take my trucks on after i have been working on them and before making a real run...for an easy trail it will test your suspension, tell you where all your rattles are, and when you get home, you will have some mnor fixes...:D

i think everyone had a good time for an easy run thru the hills...i know i did...:D

carnage report

Ezeedee = alternator failure, front license plate, annd i'm sure he will have a small list of maintenance...

Black Goblin = Drivers front shock spit out bushing, pass front shock blown, transmission prob, and a cel light which we found out he shook the nut loose off of his pos cable...

Tbars = I'm good...i am still needing tires as the freeway drive home i now have a shake above 65 on the right front...:D

Tbars and ezeedee waiting for the goblin..
maindvdrd071507004brc8.jpg

ezeedee,tbars, the goblin...
maindvdrd071507006bfv1.jpg

the classic shot...
maindvdrd071507008bbq9.jpg

my trail boss wathing the edge...:D
maindvdrd071507011bzk6.jpg

and ezeedee, my moms going to kill me look,lol...
maindvdrd071507017bee1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oops, there were 4 of us as ezeedee brought his friend who owns a jeep...Steven...
his jeep's clutch went out this morning so he was a passenger/part time driver of ezeedee's newly introduced to the fun of trails, eb, 4x4 machine...;)
here's a pic of ezeedee's friend steven...i'm not sure if he was wishing more that he brought his jeep, or that ezeedee would let him drive more,lol..
maindvdrd071507022bkp6.jpg

fatcat, the pic of ezeedee is at at about 1/2 way down the hill and 2/3's thru the trail overlooking lake elsinore...it's one of those trails that is fun to drive and you get all the pics when you stop...

here is another pic at the same viewpoint...wait a minute, hey ezeedee...what are you doing in the middle of this picture??? :D
maindvdrd071507018bqd9.jpg

Sounds like you guys had fun out there. I don't know if it's still open but there's a little wheelin' spot in Wildomar that's kinda fun. I believe its the next town over from Lake Elsinore. That was where i got my first major scratch...then it was all downhill from there lol

lol, ^^^^...this is just a really good place to have a fun run and 4x2's can do it easily...i have been driving this trail for many many moons, when saddleback park was still in it's haydays....
actually, by where we started at black star canyon, there is suppose to be a new 4wd park going in...i believe it was suppose to open last summer but land issues and such...last i heard, they were stuck downsizing to minimal acreage and someone, i'm not sure who on here, is friends with these people...

Well I finally got on after. Well my trans isn't leaking any more so I think I am good for now. I do need another quart of fluid though :D. I have an intermitant ruff Idle issue that just kicked up like 20 minutes ago.:confused: I am not sure what that is but it could be the half quart of trans fluid that I spilled on the ignition block.:(

I had a lot of fun but I was not able to remember where to meet tbars and ezeedee at so I kept going and once I got about 20minutes of the wayh up I figured I would stop and wait cause if I didn't get to them by then then they haven't came up yet cause I was going about 35 on the way up :D. hehe

They need some better cell towers out there or we need to get cb's lol.

Well once you get your new tires tbars let me know so we can trade rims.

I do need to do an alignment on the goblin. I was not able to see a few times driving behind ezeedee and his burning out and I ended up hitting a rock a lil bigger than a soccer ball that was sticking outa the side of the hill. Man that was smarts. It almost yanked the wheel out of my hands.:eek:

I hope my trans stops the leaks so I can go to pismo with everyone.

We shoud make this run with more people. Set up a run like a month or two in advance so people can make it :D. It would be pretty fun with more people and maybe we can take some of the side trails too.:cool:

yes on the side trails, but we would want to head up a little earlier so we can play...once i get a little more milage on my front gears and new tires i will be ready to play...
yes on the wheels and talk to your buddy who does the mounting and see if he can round me up some tires before the first of next month cheap...
cb's are great but i need a new antenna...
i have to check in there as they do close the gates from time to time for the fire danger and road maintenance and training...
sounds like you enjoyed yourself and i'm pretty sure ezeedee and his partner did too...;)
i haven't heard from ezeedee, i'm hoping his mom was easy on him...:D

Well she is military so I guess we will find out lol. Well I just need to get my new shocks on before I try to do too much more. My stock style shocks don't like the bouncing much lol.:D

I will see what I can do about the rims and tires situation.:shifty_ey

I need to get myself some 33's. I did have a lot of fun though.:D

Yeah, you guys really need to get CBs.

busy getting the x put back together?? or recovering from other things? :D

busy getting the x put back together?? or recovering from other things? :D

got used as slave labor. trimmed palm trees, moved a tree, cleaned the carpet.

not im on my way to autozone to get my truck checked out. i tried testing the alternator yesterday, but it died halfway through the test. i was driving around and it would sound like it stalled so id floor it, and it would come back, i had to keep the thing revved up while i was stopped and couldnt let off the gas.

the battery is still under warranty, so i hope its just that.

Looks like you guys had fun. I wish i could have made it but i just had to much going on and not enough notice. There are a ton of trails similar to that right above my house. With campgrounds and fire pits and the works. We should plan a run up there sometime.

ezeedee, the first thing i would do is check that air filter, ;) will your mom let you take the truck out again????:D

carlover, you missed out buddy...but you've got plenty of time for pismo...:D

im gonna try hard for pismo next month. Although i have about 2k worth of parts and fab work that i want done within the next 2 months. And then after this one is done ill have another project starting lol.

ezeedee, the first thing i would do is check that air filter, ;) will your mom let you take the truck out again????:D

carlover, you missed out buddy...but you've got plenty of time for pismo...:D

air filter replaced with a newer one, thats good.

i jumped it with my moms rav, and it ran for a minute, pulled it out of my driveway and it died. it was fun pushing it back in.

i jumped it again and pulled off the ground and it died right away, someone told me if it does that its the alternator. i thought it should die, but thats just what ive heard.

friends name is steven btw

thanks, i fixed the name thing...it does sound like an alternator...i hope you still get an employee discount ;)

you never did say if you will be allowed to go wheeling again??? i know you stopped and washed the truck before you got home...lol

thanks, i fixed the name thing...it does sound like an alternator...i hope you still get an employee discount ;)

you never did say if you will be allowed to go wheeling again??? i know you stopped and washed the truck before you got home...lol

well she doesnt "know" i went anywhere other than the "honda meet"

i dont know though, this seems like itll get expensive in a hurry.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i take it that it's possible??? get your truck and steves jeep fixed and goblins truck and we can do it again...if i get some tires and swap wheels with goblin we can go play on the side trails...:D

Back