Return from Martinez Canyon, AZ (photos) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from Martinez Canyon, AZ (photos)

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
***I just added Hammers photos they are the first 8 at the link below.***

Hammer97 and I ran Martinez canyon today with a few of his friends. The run was a blast. Some of the best scenary in the state! Unfortunately one of my digital photo cards died on me and I lost a bunch of the action shots.

Here is what I have: www.explorerforum.com/martinez

This may be one of our runs for the AZ run in March.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dang, dude, I can't wait to get to Arizona so I can go on some runs like that. Looks like it was tons of fun.:cool:

Looks like another weekend of fun. I wanted to go but instead we went up to Mt. Lemmon and played in the snow(like little kids) LMAO:D. We also found new trails at Redington Pass, the famous spot Chiva Falls. Here's a link to that trail http://www.highdesertlizard.com .

I can't wait to get down your way to try some trails. Chiva Falls sounds cool.

I had a great time!
My truck looks great with its new brown color.
I hope we can do it again soon.

Rick I am downloading my digital pics now. I an not sure how to get them to you or how to put them on a web page. E-mail me at jhammer@bpleasing.com and tell me how.

I don't know how rough the trail is but a guy told me, after going down hill there's an obstacle(it looked fun), then a 6.8m mild trail drive to chiva falls. Mostly *eeps and zuks do good on those trails he said.

I might check out the trail next week w/ my new off-roading buddy in his *eep. ;)

Hammer, were you guys able to make the obstacle all the explorers had trouble with last time? Did the burban have to pull you all over agian?
Looks like fun. Wish I could have been there. Martinez was my fav run in Arizona.

Funny you should ask... Jeremy made that waterfall obstacle no problem at all... even with wet tires. But once he got over it he got in a real screwed up position and I had to pull him back a bit to free his skid plate from a boulder.

I lost my shots of Jeremy doing that obstacle. My digital card screwed up and I lost most of the action shots from the trip!:eek:

Jeremy may remember me swearing at my camera!

Heartbreaking!
I remember when we ran it the first time. All 3 explorers had to be pulled over the waterfall by the burban (only took him 10 minutes to get over himself!). At the time, all of our explorers had open front diffs. Jeremy has an arb up front now, right?

Yes he does have an ARB now.

This run we had the 'burban, 3 ATVs, and a new TJ.
The TJ had to be left behind :D

Originally posted by Rick
The TJ had to be left behind :D

Hehe, I want to hear about this run....

The TJ was new, but had 31" Goodyear MTRs, limited slip rear and disconnected sway bars. It was getting hung up on all the big boulders. We had to use mucsle to get it off the rocks. The owner was a young lady who wasn't very happy hearing her skid plate drag. I wish I had a photo of her face. I can understand her being a bit nervous with such a new truck. It was her boyfriend or husband who was driving.

So we parked it and they rode along in the Suburban for the rest of the run. The trail looped around and we got them back to their TJ at the end of the day.

Did you see that photo of the ATV going down hill? That was one steep and loose mutha'. Truck Haven has some steeper inclines but the traction is better. This was a slide all the way down including me with my 4.3:1 low range and both lockers on. That was the easy bypass to the LUGE which was just NUTS! Total disregard for body work on that one.

Hammer, were you guys able to make the obstacle all the explorers had trouble with last time? Did the burban have to pull you all over agian?
Looks like fun. Wish I could have been there. Martinez was my fav run in Arizona.

arsoul,
Yes I did make it up the waterfall that we all had issues with. The ARB up front, Auburn Pro Series in the back and 4:56 gears make all the difference. I have been doing things that I never thought I could do. Life is great:D

Damn:fire:
How do you do that quote thing?
Rick,
Is there an instruction page on how to do all the cool things?

Im having issues:confused:

Thanks Rick,
There is talk of another run this Sunday. My large truck freinds want to try Raw Deal. I am not sure if I can get a hall pass. Are you up to going? What if I cant, you met Kevin (Suburban) would you mind showing him around?
Kevin also owns his own tint company. He does great work.

There is also a x-mas tree burn in January. 4 wheelin at night!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Hammer97
There is also a x-mas tree burn in January.

A Christmas tree burn? I'm almost afraid to ask, BUT, is that where everybody takes their trees out on the trail and has a bonfire? Because that'd be really cool

Back