• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Return from MOAB 2003 (photos)

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Last edited:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

SVO

Moderator Emeritus/Doctor
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Bastrop/Austin, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
Turbocharged Navajo LX
Thanx Rick,

Those are some awsome pictures from both of you guys, hope to see a write-up on it also soon.

Looks like even with a few mechanicals you all still had a wonderful time, I miss the aw inspiring views also.

Thanx for sharing!

Doug

I'm Awesome!
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Sykesville, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
Kevin, I like the Paragon flag on your rig. ;)

jasonb

Jackstand Wheeler
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Suwanee, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
whose CV is that on the last page of your pics rick? looks like gerald was the only 2nd gen in the pics so i'm guessing it is his.

those are some great pics! looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Diff Whack Daddy

And the Roll Over Posse! Under the Hood Moderator
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Mount Vernon, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1st Gen XLT 4dr
Callsign
KG7VTT
Well, I made it back home and was welcomed by cold rain of course. :D Since my pics are already up, thanks Rick, I am going to shower and take a nap. I will post more later.

Crankcase

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver B.C, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XL Ex-Police
This picture looks like Pumpkin...before, and after LOL:

Brian1

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque, NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
Callsign
KG5BAQ
Rick and Kevin, sweet pictures! Looks like a ton of fun!

I didnt know Robbie was going to be there! He has made alot of changes since I last saw his rig. I have been trying to get ahold of him for a while now with no luck. How did his Explorer do with the axle swap?

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Originally posted by mrboyle
Rick, I guess you missed the return thread I started. Retun From Moab
Actually I always start a thread for the photos so each persons photos are linked in the first post of the thread. Just makes it easier to go through everones stuff then searching through an entire thread.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Originally posted by jasonb
whose CV is that on the last page of your pics rick? looks like gerald was the only 2nd gen in the pics so i'm guessing it is his.
That is Gerald's CV. He decided to try an optional obstacle at the very end of the last day. Luckily he carries a spare. Unfortunately he also damaged his rack and pinion housing, but it was still working ok when he left Moab.

MARTY196

Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque,New Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
man what a trip, got back home monday afternoon. problably the best one i've been on yet. had a great time meeting new people and talking to the ones i've met before.

those hills really put my x to the test (being open front and rear) at least my rock sliders held up and saved me some rocker damage.

well here is some of the photos i took, these are only from the digital camera i'll post the others when i get them back from being developed.

look in the moab 03 folder
http://community.webshots.com/user/marty1973

GJarrett

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Chief GPS'um and Still Lost Native Texan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 EB 4x4 "Herc" RIP
My photos are linked in the first post. mrboyle, check them out, there's a couple of good ones that you may want to use for a new avatar :)

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Thats awesome, sorry I missed it, but funds didnt allow for it. Looks like a blast from the pics!

TwoToneX

my pockets hurt
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
broomfield, co
Year, Model & Trim Level
'90 XLT 4x4
Am I crazy or does it look like Gerald has no right front tire in this picture?

Positive Vibes

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Santa Cruz, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
We also made it back without any problems.

We had a great time and again it was nice putting faces with names. It was great meeting everyone!

I didn't take any pics but did get some good video.

Kevin, I need an address to send you the brake line I borrowed and then destroyed. Actually I think the brake line you gave me was defective!

Thanks for everyones hard work in getting the trip together. I just can't wait for the next trip to Moab. I need a front locker!!!!! Now when is Truckhaven??

Also want to add: Char you can spot for me anyday!!

Also did anyone get a decent pic of me? I need an avatar pic.

Last edited:

Nate1

All 4 wheels locked
Reaction score
City, State
Gainesville/Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 FZJ-80
It looks like he now has no paint on his right side ;)

I think what is confusing is he had his front swaybar disconnected, which allows IFS to act like IFS, something we dont see much, so his right tire stuffed and his left tire didnt, but his front stayed flat... if that makes sense. ;)

tdavis

Linux Guru, Jack of All Trades
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pinole, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 F250/XLT Superduty
Callsign
KG6MAX
Originally posted by Positive Vibes
I need a front locker!!!!! Now when is Truckhaven??
ah yes, the fabled truck haven run..

MLK weekend in January.

ie, Jan 17 (sat), Jan 18th (sunday)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

410Fortune

Flood Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
hell yes, it is my understanding that I now much much closer to this "truckhaven" place.

I was more then a little upset to miss Moab this year, especially since I drove right past the exit the day before I was to be there.

Glad the carnage was manageable. Wish I could have tried that Cliffhanger run........

Next time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rick Return from Moab 2010 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 109
crazyflights Return from Moab -pre CCR09 Run -Pics Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 12
Rick Return from Moab 2009! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 95
GJarrett Return From Moab 2005 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 110
Rick Return From Moab 2004! Photos!! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 131
mrboyle Return From Moab Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 39
Heath Return from Moab Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 108
Rick Return from Moab 2000 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 60
Tbars4 Return from the Mojave Desert - 2013 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 57
DB_1 Return from Devils Canyon Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 20
Rick Return from Truck Haven October '12 - Photos Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 49
zukman Return From Truckhaven MLK 2012 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 48
Maniak Return from Truck Haven Oct 2011 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 32
LONO100 my return to genoa peak trail (near lake tahoe on the nevada state line) Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
R Return From Picture Canyon Colorado Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
gmanpaint Return from SMORR 2010 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 42
Burns Return From Uwharrie Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 42
Tbars4 Return from Geocaching Memorial weekend 2010 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 14
Tbars4 Return from the Mojave Desert Trail 2010 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 47
zukman Return from TDS '10(or I was surrounded by the Highway Patrol) Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 17
C Return from Mudhaven run Jan 2010 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 71
C Return from Truckhaven Turkey Day 2009 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 35
crazyflights Return from Fall SMORR trip, stories, pics, carnage!! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 55
R Return from Truckhaven OCT 2009 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 153
Brian1 Return from the Colorado Colors Run 09 - Ouray: Pics, Video and Reports Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 158
jrgaylor Return from Naches trail, Funy/Moon rocks Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 28
R Return from Big Bear Camp & Crawl Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 32
zukman Return from SMORR Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 125
DB_1 Return from King of the Hammers Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 21
John_Rock Return from Katemcy Rocks, TX - Feb. 21, 2009 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 5
S Return from Tahuya, a.k.a. married man gets reprieve Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 46
R Return From Truckhaven 2009 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 34
Stic-o TDS '09 Return to Truckhaven Mar. 6th-8th. Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 65
Boomer12 Return from the LVY... Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 12
DB_1 Return from Truckhaven: Thanksgiving weekend '08 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 51
Stic-o Return from Truckhaven first run fall '08 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 119
Brian1 *Official* Return from CCR08 - Ouray Colorado Pics and Trip Reports Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 126
R.J. Return from Johnson Valley Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 23
mounty71 Return from Big Bear Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 95
Paul B. Return of the redemption run '08 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 80
Tbars4 Return from the Mojave Trail March '08 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 56
Diff Whack Daddy Return from Tahuya Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 2
R.J. Return from TDS '08 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 75
C Return From Glamis Carnage Run 2008 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 87
Boomer12 My streak continues...(return from Cleghorn) Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 21
Boomer12 Return from yet another Big Bear snow run Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 60
IZwack Return from Truckhaven Jan. 08 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 199
Ritsui Return from Silverwood/Arrowhead Snud Run Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 42
Boomer12 Return from Big Bear rain, wind, mud, rock, and yes even some snow run! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 155
Tbars4 Return from Truckhaven turkey day 07 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 109