• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Return From Moab 2004! Photos!!

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
I just got home from what was probably the best weekend I ever had in Moab. Not only did a good friend get married on this trip, but the weather was FANTASTIC and the wheeling was awesome as well.

This Explorer run brought together people from South Carolina, Kentucky, British Columbia, Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, California, Arizona and Texas. Correct me if I forgot any other states. I believe we had between 25 and 30 rigs out there over the 3 day weekend.

Here is my first batch of photos. These photos are from Friday, Gerald and Ashli's wedding day.

Gerald and Ashli's Wedding Day Photos

Behind the Rocks / White Knuckle Hill Photos

Behind the Rocks 2

Brian1's photos

Joe Dietz's photos

Jefe Thursday -Hells Revenge

Jefe Saturday -Behind the Rocks

Jefe Sunday -Metal Masher

Mike Boyle's photos

Jared's Moab 2004 Photos

Glfredrick's photos

LD50's TOTW Photos

LD50's Behind the Rocks

GJarrett's Photos

Last edited by a moderator:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Trckmagik

Ole Bag
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Celina, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
Oh man. I love Moab..... Maybe next year :)

Hokie

Hokius Maximus
Reaction score
City, State
Denver, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 TJ Sport

Yeeee Hawww!

Wow, there are times when a long wheel base = good thing... I would sh!t my pants in a situation like this!

X~FACTOR

Name is Ray
Reaction score
City, State
Valley Stream, Long Island
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT 4-dr SOHC
With a brand new truck or at least a brand new paint job, anyone would shit in their pants in that situation. Yaaawww! :eek:

Tighten those seatbelts! :D

SVO

Moderator Emeritus/Doctor
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Bastrop/Austin, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
Turbocharged Navajo LX
AWSOME, AWSOME, AWSOME! :)

biggs85

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Salt Lake, Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Eddie Bauer
So what happend to twotoneX during the middle of Behind the Rocks? I completly missed that.

By the way that was an awesome trip. Thanks everyone for a really good time.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
He blew a hub climbing "Upchuck," the obstacle that John did his wheel stand on. I guess you could say his hub puked :D

Joe Dietz

Reaction score
City, State
Littleton, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 EB 4 Door
I had a great time...here are some misc shots...Wedding etc..

Here are some shots I took...just misc shots...how did Fortune get in all my shots! BroncoII...? :D

http://209.181.73.122/pics/

Jefe

Reaction score
City, State
Clarksville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT 4x4
John and I made it home a few hours ago. We had a blast :bounce:

I got through a trip w/o breaking anything :cool: (special thanks to Muddwhore and MrBoyle for getting me that knuckle :chug: ), and only minimal body damage (right rear quarter panel doing escalator, and ripping off my driver side mirror again :banghead: ).

John however had his first major trail break. He broke off an upper control arm bracket from the rear axle on Metal Masher on Sunday. So we got out the die grinder (Tom) and welder (Me) and got him fixed back up.
However we need to thank him for showing us Explorer owners the proper way to perform a Jeep Kickstand. :D

Thursday -Hells Revenge

Saturday -Behind the Rocks

Sunday -Metal Masher

Last edited:

TwoToneX

my pockets hurt
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
broomfield, co
Year, Model & Trim Level
'90 XLT 4x4
biggs85 said:
So what happend to twotoneX during the middle of Behind the Rocks? I completly missed that.

yup, like Rick said, i shot a hub off my left side about 15 feet after sticking my left front tire in the air bout 2 feet. Thing that sucks is that everyone was watching Rick so no one got a good shot on video I don't think...my co pilot barely got it, but I do know there are about 6 or 7 videos with the sound of the explosion :D we're gonna try and get some video up here in a couple days.

Rick, thanks a lot for putting those pictures on your comp., is there some way we could get them from you? if i remember correctly, travis had it set on a huge resolution so i understand if you don't wanna host 'em...

Derrick, we must've missed you on sunday morn., but if you would, pm me your address and i'll get the hub back on it's way.

we just got back, no problems on the way home. had a great time, and kept it in one piece for the most part. it was killer wheeling with you guys as always..

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
TwoToneX said:
Rick, thanks a lot for putting those pictures on your comp., is there some way we could get them from you? if i remember correctly, travis had it set on a huge resolution so i understand if you don't wanna host 'em...
I'll resize them and put them in a gallery. I still have some more of my own to go through. Should be up tomorrow.

mrboyle

I Drive By Brail
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Montrose, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Bronco '80 Toy
I got home this morning and have to say that although I didn't get to take my X (due to the bad tranny) I still had a blast. Thanks again to Rick for letting me ride shotgun. It was great to see everyone again and to meet so many new people.
And without further ado, here's the pictures: Moab 2004

JTX

Reaction score
City, State
New Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
We just got back! I had a blast. Thanks to everyone who set it up. I will try to edit the video's i shot and get them up.

TwoToneX

my pockets hurt
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
broomfield, co
Year, Model & Trim Level
'90 XLT 4x4
Rick said:
I'll resize them and put them in a gallery. I still have some more of my own to go through. Should be up tomorrow.
cool, thanks. is there any way we could get the full sizes too? we were thinking about printing some of them out.

as for what my hub looked like after trying upchuck, here ya go (thanks Mike)

Attachments

JTX

Reaction score
City, State
New Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
Marty196 and TwoTone both blew Mile Marker hubs this weekend. I blew a mile marker two months ago. I think its pretty clear Warn is a better hub.

offroader_69_me

Elite Explorer
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Trinidad, Crawlorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT
Awesome!!!!!!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

james t

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Texarkana AR/TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 SAS sport

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rick Return from Moab 2010 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 109
crazyflights Return from Moab -pre CCR09 Run -Pics Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 12
Rick Return from Moab 2009! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 95
GJarrett Return From Moab 2005 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 110
Rick Return from MOAB 2003 (photos) Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 28
mrboyle Return From Moab Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 39
Heath Return from Moab Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 108
Rick Return from Moab 2000 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 60
Tbars4 Return from the Mojave Desert - 2013 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 57
DB_1 Return from Devils Canyon Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 20
Rick Return from Truck Haven October '12 - Photos Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 49
zukman Return From Truckhaven MLK 2012 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 48
Maniak Return from Truck Haven Oct 2011 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 32
LONO100 my return to genoa peak trail (near lake tahoe on the nevada state line) Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
R Return From Picture Canyon Colorado Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
gmanpaint Return from SMORR 2010 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 42
Burns Return From Uwharrie Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 42
Tbars4 Return from Geocaching Memorial weekend 2010 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 14
Tbars4 Return from the Mojave Desert Trail 2010 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 47
zukman Return from TDS '10(or I was surrounded by the Highway Patrol) Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 17
C Return from Mudhaven run Jan 2010 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 71
C Return from Truckhaven Turkey Day 2009 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 35
crazyflights Return from Fall SMORR trip, stories, pics, carnage!! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 55
R Return from Truckhaven OCT 2009 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 153
Brian1 Return from the Colorado Colors Run 09 - Ouray: Pics, Video and Reports Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 158
jrgaylor Return from Naches trail, Funy/Moon rocks Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 28
R Return from Big Bear Camp & Crawl Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 32
zukman Return from SMORR Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 125
DB_1 Return from King of the Hammers Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 21
John_Rock Return from Katemcy Rocks, TX - Feb. 21, 2009 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 5
S Return from Tahuya, a.k.a. married man gets reprieve Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 46
R Return From Truckhaven 2009 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 34
Stic-o TDS '09 Return to Truckhaven Mar. 6th-8th. Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 65
Boomer12 Return from the LVY... Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 12
DB_1 Return from Truckhaven: Thanksgiving weekend '08 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 51
Stic-o Return from Truckhaven first run fall '08 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 119
Brian1 *Official* Return from CCR08 - Ouray Colorado Pics and Trip Reports Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 126
R.J. Return from Johnson Valley Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 23
mounty71 Return from Big Bear Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 95
Paul B. Return of the redemption run '08 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 80
Tbars4 Return from the Mojave Trail March '08 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 56
Diff Whack Daddy Return from Tahuya Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 2
R.J. Return from TDS '08 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 75
C Return From Glamis Carnage Run 2008 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 87
Boomer12 My streak continues...(return from Cleghorn) Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 21
Boomer12 Return from yet another Big Bear snow run Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 60
IZwack Return from Truckhaven Jan. 08 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 199
Ritsui Return from Silverwood/Arrowhead Snud Run Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 42
Boomer12 Return from Big Bear rain, wind, mud, rock, and yes even some snow run! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 155
Tbars4 Return from Truckhaven turkey day 07 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 109