Return from TDS '10(or I was surrounded by the Highway Patrol) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from TDS '10(or I was surrounded by the Highway Patrol)

zukman

"Home of Misfit Crawlers"
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
arcadia calif.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91EB, '86Sami, '85Ranger
It was a great run! "Icarus" did outstanding. The minor changes were a huge success. Sticky tires are a great help. We didn't take much in the way of pictures (too busy havin' fun) will post what I have in a while.

Things those that didn't go missed.
It did not rain till early Sunday morning. We got two great runs in and checked out the happenings at TDS (the normal zoo). Got back to the parking lot to find some guy crawling all over "Icarus" taking pictures.
Turns out it was "Fatcat" from the fourm. He quickly asked if the truck was on the board and if so whose it was. We laughed mentoned that we were Stic-o's parents and that it was ours. Was nice to put a face to a name.

Campfire, great friends, clear skies nice breeze (Truckhaven style) some talk about floating heads, purple haze, weed wacker engines, and 80 year old ladies.
Yep you had to be there!
P1010056.jpg

P1010058.jpg

P1010064.jpg

P1010065.jpg

P1010068.jpg

Koom by ya
P1010075.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Great pics Norm. Looks like a "picture" perfect off-road day. :D Glad everyone enjoyed and is home safe.

Now wait--what, how--huh?

P1010068.jpg

I'm going to go out on a limb and say adjustable air shocks that he can move up or down, but not completely definite on that.

Now wait--what, how--huh? QUOTE]

they are adjustable air shocks the thing looked like a trained dog with a hurt paw! did circles in both directions changing paws ( I mean wheels) then flipped from front to rear in the air. was crazy!

they are adjustable air shocks the thing looked like a trained dog with a hurt paw! did circles in both directions changing paws ( I mean wheels) then flipped from front to rear in the air. was crazy!

It was a great weekend. Even with the rain, we all had a real good time.
I noticed the TDS crowd was a little less happy drunks and a little more angry drunks this time. Muey mucho macho dudes out there in stupid looking cowboy hats.

Hey i didn't see you guys there.... i just rode with a friend (towed his jeep with my explorer) so unfortunately i didnt' have anything to wheel while i was there.. but we still had a great time.. took some video, too.. here they are

Say zukman, are those stock wheel wells on you're explorer? they look enlarged but i see the flares are still there.. maybe its just the lift? looks good tho.

In your second vid, "Steven rolls his Jeep", when he starts to flop it over (1:30), you can see he sticks his leg out momentarily to try to stop the roll! :eek:
Plus he was not wearing a seatbelt. :nono:
Dude is SO lucky.

In your second vid, "Steven rolls his Jeep", when he starts to flop it over (1:30), you can see he sticks his leg out momentarily to try to stop the roll! :eek:
Dude is SO lucky.
Yikes....

Hey now! I was wearing my black cowboy hat (damn good lookin, if ya ask me)
I was not talking about your hat, it looked great.............and the matching black vest.......very nice.

I was talking about the cowardly jackass in the rainbow colored hat who sucker punched an old drunk man in the face from behind while at the ditches.

I was not talking about your hat, it looked great.............and the matching black vest.......very nice.

I was talking about the cowardly jackass in the rainbow colored hat who sucker punched an old drunk man in the face from behind while at the ditches.

I am a Dapper Dandy:D

I heard about that... I went over there after the raffle & left about 5mins. later:rolleyes:

Dude is SO lucky.

He was definitely lucky. he was wearing his seatbelt but it came loose. (the stitching at the end where it folds over came apart) it got tied in a knot after that

Back