Return from Tellico 6-28-03 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from Tellico 6-28-03

yes.. there was an OX up front. that is for sure.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Man those guys over there at Pirate 4x4 are a crude bunch..........oh I'm sorry was that out loud?

Hopefully the 4 Runner guys will remember to send me the video or a link to it, they did a lot of taping! I was impressed with how many runs they have been to. Yeah I looked around their webpage......:D

Originally posted by GaSouthern1
what did pirate have to say?

Oh nothing, I had just followed a link off of one of the sites Jason had posted and was browsing around their message board. Totally unbridled and free willed; cursing and trash talking, links to **** sites, and just not somewhere I would like to be a member of! Makes me realize just how good we have it here! :D :chug:

I do have a good bit of pics. I just got home from vacation and need to get them developed. But that will be soon. I will post more about my part of the trip later.

fun

Looks like you all had alot of fun. Glad there was no major damage this trip. Too bad explorerchick stole your north Georgia trip I was thinking about going and meeting Gerald's eastern wheelin buddies. Guess I'll go hang out in Aspen a few months. Maybe we can meet in Moab this fall. Keep coming with the pic's have fun be safe.

David J

Ok, its my turn, finally, to write my report.

Well, me and my riders met up w/Jason, Patrick(GaSouthern1), Chase(diablo), and 2 4Runners at McDonalds in Murphy, and yeah, we all got there about 30 min. late, but thats how things go. We off to the trails, and, like always for me, we take a wrong right hand turn:hammer: But, we finally get to the 2nd pay station and meet up with our group. Jason gave a run down of the vehicles that were there, so I won't repeat that. We headed for trail 5, and run into a slight obstacle, a pretty big rock in the middle of the trail that gave me and my limo-type wheelbase trouble. So some of the guys through some rocks in for me, and off we go. Then we come to the ravine where we had to stand on sliders and push trucks away from a root sticking out from the bank, but to our surprise, it was filled in when we got there. Then, Fain's Ford is so easy its pathetic. Some of the guys take the "harder" side. As I make it up I drive up the trail a bit to park and watch the action, and almost have a near roll over. After Fain's Ford, we all crank up to continue on, and after about 5 yards of moving, I almost have another roll over, this time with passengers. But we made it out ok. We eventually start up trail 8, which was kinda boring for the most part. We came the trail head of 9, and a guy that met up with us on the trail on a 4wheeler(atv) said that it was 8. Well, it would've been impassible for me I think. Some of us wanted to try it, and the turn around when we got to Slick Rock and come back down. Well, that didn't happen. We pressed on on 8. We did have a little bit of fun on 8, on of the 4Runners slashed one of his sidewalls on his MTRs, and after putting the spare on, which was not a full size one, we pressed on again. We eventually got where 9 ends, and most of us walk down to Slick Rock to see what was goin on down there. Some girl flipped her atv, but is ok, and a J@@P broke something in his front axle, they were sayin spider gears. We came back up and also had lunch there. Thats where we saw those cab trucks. Also on 8, we came to a rutted muddy section, where the Montero on 31s almost went over the mountain. He was hittin the ruts with some speed and took a bounce in the wrong direction. But we all made it by it safely after we got him winched off of the birm he was on. Then we come to my favorite part of the trail, the culvert. Like Jason said, I got hung up again. First, we tried to pull me backwards, but that didn't work, so I had to get pulled by one of the 4Runners came back to pull me off of it. It kinda hurt my pride a bit to be pulled by a Toyota, but its all good. After we finished 8, me and the 2 4Runners decided to head back towards the gravel roads. And it started to rain. And it made it kinda slick, by that I mean very slick. Then we, me and the runners, go to lower 2 and watch the action there. A Samuri turns over on his side, they roll him over and hes off again. All in all, it was a fun trip.

Trail conditions were wet and slick, and the rain and work they are doing on the trails made it more interesting than it was in May, it was dry then.

It was nice meeting more people from this site. Can't wait till the next run.

Now Josh, you are of course going to let us know when you get yours pics posted right? right??:rolleyes: :p

I won't let y'all know, I'll just post em so it will be a surprise. Howz that?? ;)

Back