Photos - Return from Tellico.. and the marks it left behind. | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Photos Return from Tellico.. and the marks it left behind.

Thanks a bunch Randall. I'm having problems view images online here, so i'll do that when i get home.

Here are some shots of the damage that i just took here at work.

Attachments

• im001026-2.jpg
    im001026-2.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 416

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here is where the trac bar broke off the axle, a little bit fuzzy, but you can see the line where it use to be.

Attachments

• im001027.jpg
    im001027.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 411

Here is the front end setup that i ended up with.

Attachments

• im001028-2.jpg
    im001028-2.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 402

Here is the space between the perch and the block. Doesn't look like much, but it is.

Attachments

• im001029-2.jpg
    im001029-2.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 405

Here is the mount that came off.

Attachments

• im001030-2.jpg
    im001030-2.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 401

there are some decent prices on ebay right now on ready welders. You have to have two batteries in series to run it, but it wouldn't be hard to put a couple marine deep cycle batteries in the trunk.

Here's a couple of the shots I took
Right before heading on the trails. This was before Josh Adams arrived.
IM000045.jpg

Some of Josh's flex
IM000046.jpg

Gerald turning around in the water and heading for a climb
IM000071.jpg

IM000072.jpg

Michael's flex at Fain's Ford
IM000094.jpg

Kris's flex at Fain's Ford
IM000096.jpg

Randall's flex at Fain's Ford
IM000097.jpg

Josh climbing
IM000101.jpg

Josh wheel and tire damage at the end, not as bad as it could have been
IM000127.jpg

I've got a few short video clips I'm going to try and get up a little bit later. But all in all it was a good day. I had a blast and thanks for making it a great time guys!

Picture022.jpg

That photo does a great job of revealing the size of the ledge at Fain's Ford. Randall's left front 36" tire is about to turn into it and you can barely see the top of it. That's a 3 foot ledge.

I need a favor really quick from someone. If someone could go to this link: here and go down to the bottom on the anti wrap perches and save some of those pictures of them for me and email them to me. I can't see any freaking pictures on the net and it's f'in driving me crazy. Thanks. jot017@aol.com

I just ordered a set of Rancho 9000s from Sams in OK for 69 a shock. After talking with Randall, it seems this could very well help with my sway in the front. He seems to like them, so i figure it will help me too.

i couldn't see any pictures on that link either..
but they sound like what you need!

I can't see the pix either. Maybe it's the site.....

Just a thought that I had.
I don't know if it would have worked....

But would it have been easier to pull JoshC backwards through the trails and creek?

I had considered making this trip, but something was telling me not to take my truck on that trip. And last night proved that I was right. I broke a rear U-joint driving down a street near Corpus Christi. I had to drive 200+ miles home using the front driveline.

JoshC

Sorry to here about the carnage, hopefully you can get it back together soon...

After viewing the source I was able to find the pic it's not much but here it is..

Attachments

• perch.jpg
    perch.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 358

Originally posted by GJarrett
An onboard welder will be the very next piece of equipment that I buy.

Rick has the Ready Welder, which is a 24v wire feed flux core mig welder.

You can build an emergency welder with 2 batteries, several sets of jumper cables, a rod holder/stinger, some 6011/6013 rod, a piece of welding glass, and gloves. ie, some information here

It also helps to know how to weld.

anti wrap perches..

You can make these your self.. Just get some square tube, (.120" wall at least), a 3" hole saw, and cut away..

M.O.R.E also has anti-wrap perches for the 8.8, here

Here are the perches that I just put on my 1994 Explorer.

Go to Catalog and then you will see the perches.

http://www.mountainoffroad.com/

You will not bend these things. They are awesome.

Dead Link Removed

I appriciate all the help, but i can't see a GD picture andyone is putting up. I just installed Win2k on this lap top last night and it's been a pain in the a$$ ever since. If someone could email something that would be great, i can see all the photos on my computer, but almost non on the net.

I have had the ones from mountain off-road on my green X as well. They work great. I also use there rear shock mounts.

Originally posted by Trckmagik
Here are the perches that I just put on my 1994 Explorer.

Go to Catalog and then you will see the perches.

http://www.mountainoffroad.com/

You will not bend these things. They are awesome.

Dead Link Removed

We welded those on Shaun's rig too when we did the soa. Very nice heavy duty perch. Well worth the price.

Sent you a pic in email too BTW.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by JoshC
I appriciate all the help, but i can't see a GD picture andyone is putting up. I just installed Win2k on this lap top last night and it's been a pain in the a$$ ever since. If someone could email something that would be great, i can see all the photos on my computer, but almost non on the net.

Sounds like you need to take the rest of the week off :D Not having a good week, eh?

Back