Photos - Return from Tellico.. and the marks it left behind. | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Photos Return from Tellico.. and the marks it left behind.

Damn, you guys are just now getting home. That's impressive :eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well it is a long drive from Texas. ;)

Let me ask Sammy about the video in a few days and I will get back to ya about that. There probably won't be a problem, just wanta run it past him since it's his.

Originally posted by Mudd*****
We stopped by my dad's in GA on the way back, and I uploaded them there.

oh yeah.. i forgot about your dad being on the way... it all makes sense now! :D

check this out...
this was a pic taken last year by ray (montero ray) at tellico. that's at rock garden..
this little truck look familiar?

Attachments

• jpg[4].jpg
    jpg[4].jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 370

haha. That's cool. That was a neat little....well i guess you'd call it a truck!

Just for those who care. I got a bracket made up and tacked to the axle. I emailed Cory to see what he thought and all looks good. So i'm trying to get ahold of a welder to come do this for me. I'm not even going to try to weld this to the axle, i'll let a pro do it! I'll post some pictures when i'm done. This will not break. Well i better not jenks myself, it should not break! haha

Good job!

I have SEVERAL welds on my truck, many of them brand new!

So I know the feeling....glad to see your almost back up and running.......

Well between my welding and the idots that just left, it looks like crap! But it should hold. The main bracket is 1/4" and the 2 gussets are 1/4". So we'll see maybe this weekend how it works. I just called about my 8.8 and he said he was going to get it either this afternoon or in the morning, so hopefully i can get this back on the road tomorrow evening. My shocks should be here tomorrow, but who knows. Here's my fugly mount!

Attachments

• im001036.jpg
    im001036.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 284

AHHHH. I think i'm going to cry. I've found some more stuff that i've beat loose. The DS lower control arm mount on the frame is loose. Gotta weld that up. Had to add some more support to my new trac bar mount. Man i need a good welder bad. Well, it's been a pretty crappy day here, how about yours?

Is it a weld coming loose? I think with the luck you are having I would invest in a decent welder or find a friend and go over the whole thing. Cory has good welds but you never know about the condition of the bought stuff. A good weld is stronger than the metal around it. When I bought my welder I thought I would never use it enough to justify spending the money but I feel like I have and I continue to find more things to use it for. Learning how to operate a MIG and get a decent weld doesn't take too much practice. With havinga highly modified rig I don't know how you could ever do without one.

Belive me i'm considering it, but i'm not far enought into my marriage to get a divorce!

It's not Cory's welding at all. It's the bolt on brackets that i'm just going to weld up. I wanted the kit bolt on (for what reason i don't know) and that's what i got. Everything Cory has welded has taken a beating, trust me. I've got a friend that has a huge lincoln welder on a trailer, i'll probably have him go over the bolt on stuff. I can use a mig welder pretty decent, but i don't have access to a good one. So, if anyone knows where to get a good cheap one let me know! But like you said Dave, now that i have a truck that needs one, i need one!

Good and cheap don't go hand in hand. I would stick with Lincoln or Miller and it will outlive you. I got the Miller 175 it is the first level of 220/240 volt welders. I am very happy with it. By the time I picked up extra wire, made an extension cord, got a cheap helmut, some extra tips, and a purchased tank filled I was up around $800 new. Its a small price to pay I guess. You may want to watch ebay. I wouldn't go smaller than mine for 4x4s. It takes alot to weld the thick **** I sometimes get into and I have hit the duty cycle on mine and had it shut down while laying a bead, only once, but still I have hit it. This is just my opinion and if you search you'll find a thread I started for others opinions when I was looking to by mine. But remember opinions are like a$$holes. Good luck. I may be wrong on the whole need for one, but I know I use mine quite frequently (even when doing a bolt on lift kit).:p

A 1955 Ford Air Force Tow Jeep (what's left of it, anyway) with dual manual transmissions, 30 forward gears, 15 reverse gears, and very bald tires. One of the weirdest vehicles I've ever seen. None of us could figure out whether it was totally homemade or used to be a Sammy or what. The guy he was running with told me what it was.

You guys look like you had a blast!

Josh - thanks for reminding me to beat the crap out of my truck before heading up there in june...

BTW - You guys up for a repeat June 6-8 when the mud dawgs from Florida come up?

Jon

BTW - You guys up for a repeat June 6-8 when the mud dawgs from Florida come up?

D@MN!!!!!!!!! i'll be in Belize sailing! oh well.

Originally posted by FMExplorer

I'd be there, except I'll be in Miami. Dammit, now I will have had 2 chances to go this summer and can't fully make either of them :mad:

Oh well, hopefully I'll go up on June 28th and I'll just be happy with that :D

Hell yeah I just installed a bunch of crap on my truck (getting aligned right now) and most of it is custom.
Headed to Maob next Friday, so I need to "test" this new setup this weekend..........

I am keeping my fingers crossed, no way am I getting stuck in MOAB with a broken beam.......

Well JoshC you want to talk about bad days? I just got back from the Doc where I had 6 stiches put in my middle finger on my right hand. I can't even work on my truck for at least 5 days. This also makes it pretty hard to type :)

I just hope someone is having a good day :) 410 how did the alignment go?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well i can work on my truck, i guess that could be a blessing.

I got my shocks in today. COOL. My 8.8 is done, so i'll pick that up tomorrow morning and then i can get back on the road.

I'm going to get my limiting straps on correctly tomorrow. That's the first step, if i would have had the it would have saved a lot of time. That might have also saved a tire. Who knows.

Back