Return From Truckhaven MLK 2012 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return From Truckhaven MLK 2012

Had a Great Trip with seeing old faces and meeting some new ones. Overall a great experience with no major damage. Managed to Rip off my drivers side tupperware, but that can easily be put back on with new tabs.

I am still working on looking through my pictures, but i tried to record the gps coordinates while we were out here so here is links to the different trips.

First Run with Maniak, CJExplorer & DAExplorer on 1/13/12

Entire Group Run on 1/14/12

Half of the Night Run 1/14/12 (Started Recording Halfway on Trip)

Father Son Day Trip with CJExplorer & DAExplorer on 1/15/12

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got 1 video edited. Here is the full video of me trying the waterfall, including the failures as I got a feel for the climb.

I have to edit the video of the group going through the frame twister and I have one of rockranger getting up the waterfall too.

~Mark

Glad you all had a great and safe time. I knew I couldn't go when I couldn't bend down to tie my shoe laces on Friday morning. Good thing the hotel where I had reservations for Saturday night understood and didn't charge me any penalties. The receptionist has my same problem.

The tree burning looked awesome. I see everyone parked the MH away from the fire ring. :D

Char, keep holding on to the tekillya, it really aging good. It's about 7 years old I think.

This looks like one of the best trips out there.

I will be glad to get my next year and a half of school done so I can try to make it out there in a few years. As long as i stop here with school. Oh it just drives me wild to think about it lol.

Awesome pictures and videos.

And on the way home..... someone had to stop for a photo op..... which almost caused a riot as people turned and discovered JP sitting in perfect photo op location for what they thought was their pleasure, until said JP pilot drove off leaving people taking pics of midair!
2012-01-1595121457.jpg

I had a blast. Even if I spent most of the day wheeling in front wheel drive :D. I am still trying to figure out how I pulled that lower shock mount off.

I didn't take any pictures.

I sure wish I lived closer to you all. Would of loved to have brought the Expedition and enjoyed the fun you all experienced.

Nice pics and vids Rick.

I didn't take much but here is what I got...

Attachments

• group1.jpg
    group1.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 334
  • group2.jpg
    group2.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 353
  • group3.jpg
    group3.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 339
  • group4.jpg
    group4.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 331

few more

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 327
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 333
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 343
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 326

best for last:D

Attachments

• fire.jpg
    fire.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 350

Had a great time. Got home with NO DAMAGE, at least none that I noticed yet.
Tamales for lunch Monday, thanks Mark.
Wind picked up a little late Sunday night, then a small sprinkle, then the wind hit big Monday morning. Left by 1030.
My friends, the Kelleys, stayed and rode quads in the wind. Then Mike jinked when he should have janked and got the RV stuck by himself. The did not get it unstuck until about an hour ago. BTDT

Picked up the Pumpkin from the shop today. They have been going through some really tough times, they apologized profusely for not finishing in three months, but I've made up my mind that it won't be going back. No hard feelings, **** happens, but it's one of those deals where I have to protect my own sanity;)

Picked up the Pumpkin from the shop today. They have been going through some really tough times, they apologized profusely for not finishing in three months, but I've made up my mind that it won't be going back. No hard feelings, **** happens, but it's one of those deals where I have to protect my own sanity;)

Speaking of which. Here is the pic that sums it all up.

~Mark

Attachments

• photo (9).jpg
    photo (9).jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 280

Speaking of which. Here is the pic that sums it all up.

~Mark

That burned like the devil. Rick are you sure you didn't soak it in gasoline first.:splat:

Finally..PICTURE TIME!

Well, after having my first week of classes start, I finally have had time to sit down and upload some pictures.

I have to say it was a pleasure riding with this crew again as i felt safe that you all had my back if i got into any situations.

Rick, it was nice having you in the passenger seat and I'm sure my dad feels the same way. Im glad you were able to get a refreshed perspective on the way the basically stock vehicles handle. (and i have to say they do pretty well for being stock, i wouldn't try that in your honda civic:D)

Dad, also thanks for going out again with me and participating. I definitely enjoy our father-son bonding.

Okay..Enough Talk..Heres some pictures. and a Link at the bottom to some more!

DSC02271.jpg

DSC01787.jpg

DSC01813.jpg

DSC01819.jpg

DSC01855.jpg

DSC01884.jpg

DSC01935.jpg

DSC01991.jpg

DSC02014.jpg

DSC02047.jpg

DSC02090.jpg

DSC02109.jpg

GOPR5020.jpg

DSC02310.jpg

CLICK HERE FOR ALBUM!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good job on the waterfall Mark!.

I hardly recognized Matt's truck, I saw it but the new tires threw me. :p:

And you all should be ashamed for ripping the tupperware off Chris' truck. :D

Man I love that place.

Back