nissanboy

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Winston Salem, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT 4.0 4x4
Return From Uwharrie (56k beware)

Well we are all back home safe and sound froma great weekend at Uwharrie National Forrest.

I arrived at Eldorado Outpost around 9:00 am and wheeled a few friends friday afternoon. Met up with Caleb (LimitedX) around 2:30 and went out to find a campsite. Found a nice one on top of a hill, set camp up and headed out to wheel some trails. We ran out and went up Wolf Den then up Dutch John till we got denied on a wet steep hill. We turned to come back out and went to meet up with John and his wife (Zhanx and wife) at Eldorado Outpost.

We met them aroun 6:00 and took them to camp and let them get situated and headed back out to run up Dickey Bell as it was getting dark. It was awesoem scenery as it was a light rain and the woods looked like a rain forrest and the mist appeared to be hanging in the air.

This is when we found out John's driving style is so agressive he sounds liek a ball peen hammer bouncing off a tin trashcan lid in a hail storm going up the trail. I swear he bottomed out on everythign he bounced so hard.

After we left Dickey bell we headed back to camp so John could cook us up a cherry cobbler in his dutch oven. We ate and cleaned up some and went to sleep. About 2am though we had some pesky vermin show up at camp. Had a racoon munching out of the leftover cobbler and my cooler.

When we woke up in the morning we headed down to Eldorado Outpost again to meet up with Troy and Lee. We headed out to find Troy's brother and then moved on to run up Wolf Den again to Falls Damn. We ran down falls damn and tried a few difficult lines. Caleb layed his X on his side tryin g a line i suggested he try.

We got to the end of falls damn and went to get some gas and grub. Headed back and ran Down Dickey Ball this time. IT was farily uneventful. When we got to the steep hill climb i went down the first line then backed up the center line and went back down the third line. Not to be shown up John then repeated my artful mastery of the hill climb. As we all got to the bottom of the hill we all got some poser shots around a rutted turn. Just a bit farther up the trail we all got some more poser shots on a big granite rock, headed down the trail to the stream crossing and got a group shot, then moved on to Rocky Mountain Loop.

We started up Rocky Mountain Loop and got to the muddy rut that gives many people a hard time. John took the bypass that wasnt much better and Caleb and I took the hard line. Neither of us had a problem but had to stop just out of the hole because someon had rolled thier Suzuki Sidekick in an attempt to avoid runnign over a quad. We assisted pushing the sidekick off the side of the trail and moved on. As we were passing by the suzuki they attempted to clear the cylinders and one of the guys got sprayed with oil.

Farther up Rocky Mountain Loop we came across a Rubicon Ulimited that had high centered himself and needed a tog off the rock to continue moving. John gave him a tug an dheaded back up the hill toward tha step that the Rubicon high centered on. After a number of valiant attempts at the step john hacked down and i gave it a shot. After a few trys and some heckling kids in a busted old jeep i smashed up over the step. Next John came around on a alternate route and made it with a lot of momentum. Caleb came next and attacked the step with a lot of right foot and came right on over it.

We got to Kodak Rock and John tried a line to the far right. HE got denied and i didnt want to spot him any closer to the tree. SO he spotted while his wife drove and he cleared the line by just a few milimeters. Then i tried a bunch of different hard lines and got denied. Next mod will be a rear locker so I dont get denied anymore. I tried till my truck was running hot so i pulle dout of calebs way and he took off up the same line John did but with less regard for the tree, taking out his rear driver sdie glass. After my Truck cooled off some i went up the line that everyone else took and ended up knocking my C-pillar on the tree that took out caleb's glass.

The rest of the trail was uneventful at the most except John managed to knock the glass off his driver side mirror on a wide open stretch of trail. We headed back to camp, Caleb packed and left and John and I cooked ate and left as well before it started raining again.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Farther up Rocky Mountain Loop we came across a Rubicon Ulimited that had high centered himself and needed a tog off the rock to continue moving. John gave him a tug an dheaded back up the hill toward tha step that the Rubicon high centered on. After a number of valiant attempts at the step john hacked down and i gave it a shot. After a few trys and some heckling kids in a busted old jeep i smashed up over the step. Next John came around on a alternate route and made it with a lot of momentum. Caleb came next and attacked the step with a lot of right foot and came right on over it.

first you forgot i backup'd up the hill to the rubicon because i could and to show it up :D , and the hillybilly in the jeep that joined us...

btw will add video of this

The rest of the trail was uneventful at the most except John managed to knock the glass off his driver side mirror on a wide open stretch of trail. We headed back to camp, Caleb packed and left and John and I cooked ate and left as well before it started raining again.

no i did that on kodiak rock. it fell out on the open stretch

Then i tried a bunch of different hard lines and got denied. Next mod will be a rear locker so I dont get denied anymore.

umm try adding rocks sooner on that 3 FOOT WALL OF ROCK before climbing

oh i got caleb laying it on the side one video and nissanboy being deined by kodiak rock and a bad one i can use for blackmail of him and a jeep. over all a great time and i will do it again. and Caleb how the hell you break a window and not flinch i checked the tape you just keep drivin no flich or looking back!?!?!?!

and the point is?

This is when we found out John's driving style is so agressive he sounds liek a ball peen hammer bouncing off a tin trashcan lid in a hail storm going up the trail. I swear he bottomed out on everythign he bounced so hard.

umm sorry Iraqi driving gets a hold of me and wont let go.. i calmed down before tearin off anything

john, id like to see some of that video of mine running around...as well as my huge 3 wheeling pic. :confused: I was impressed with it and the move to 33s will be in the future.

oh to let everyone know.... sRavenel was the "little guy" and he wheeled it gentle and due to better clearance and safe er something like that driving and being behind me missed everything i managed not to missed which wasn't a lot.. a lift is coming soon and more the merrier

ExplorerJimbo said:
video video video!!!

give me a day to get it up ok

VIDEO! :D Sounds like a fun day. I want to see the vid of the flop :eek:

Picture Time

Caleb on the friday night run
IMG_0082.jpg

Wolf den saturday morning
IMG_0083.jpg

Manual T-case - shift linkage = muddy legs shifting into 4wd
IMG_0085.jpg

Lee at the top of Wolf Den
IMG_0088.jpg

Posing on a rock
IMG_0091.jpg

John's wife posing it up
IMG_0092.jpg

Lee posing
IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

Caleb posing
IMG_0102.jpg

Good old "I Look Broke" flex
IMG_0105.jpg

gosh if only i didnt realize i had to play in the club championship this weekend.. golf takes over my life... but it will eventually pay the bills in college... but hey at the momeny i am 2nd but does anyone have any pics yet or is it just the video that will be up tomrw ? id love to see what i missed :(

Stopped for lunch
IMG_0107.jpg

John trying to follow his hero down Dickey Bell
IMG_0108.jpg

Lee coming down
IMG_0113.jpg

Caleb coming down
IMG_0115.jpg

Flexing it up
IMG_0118.jpg

John's turn
IMG_0120.jpg

Another angle
IMG_0121.jpg

Lee's turn
IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

Caleb's turn
IMG_0125.jpg

cool pics guys... makes me hate my job even more!

Me posing
IMG_0127.jpg

I'm so photogenic
IMG_0128.jpg

John Posing
IMG_0130.jpg

Lee posing
IMG_0133.jpg

COming down the shelf
IMG_0136.jpg

Group shot
IMG_0143.jpg

Busted Glass
IMG_0147.jpg

Glass Repair
IMG_0154.jpg

John's mirror
IMG_0156.jpg

so reflective you can seeyourself in it :confused:

i like the custom tape window! gives the truck that true offroad look haha... sorry dude, that sucks! :thumbdwn: ... but it happens!!!

cool pics

this is my new favorite pic of my truck

IMG_0118.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

did u guys try big bad daniel, ive only made it up couple of times and ive always broken something

Back