Return of the "newbie run" Truck Haven | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return of the "newbie run" Truck Haven

yeah, his truck still works fine for looking at dinosaurs

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah, his truck still works fine for looking at dinosaurs

LOL....I thought I was gonna do better than I did but I know why I didn't. I had way too much stuff in my rig and my rear sway bar was on still. I was kinda upset because I have a rockin set up for a budget build. I have only spent like $500 max on my suspension.:D

Thanks guys;) Ok enough about the dino mobile. We all had a good time and that's what counts:thumbsup:

yeah and seeing the dino mobile rape the dirt and the ramp was a good time :thumbsup:

cant sleep, clown would have eaten me .. so spent some time in PS

dannyboy-copy.jpg

ummm, that's my second favorite pic I've seen today... maybe first...my girl sent me this one of the dunes this weekend and I think it wins but not by much.

Attachments

• l_e7069980287e2a366881ba86a53188d9.jpg
    l_e7069980287e2a366881ba86a53188d9.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 291

Ohhhhh so that's what I have to do to get first place.. grow out my hair, dye it blond, and start posing beside motorcycles ....

:p:

I think the chick next to the bike pic would be 10x better if she was wearing a bikini and the boots:thumbsup: or just the boots:p:

IZ you should take your pic there and make it look like a BFG poster "TAKE CONTROL"

Ohhhhh so that's what I have to do to get first place.. grow out my hair, dye it blond, and start posing beside motorcycles ....

:p:

ummm pretty much.

Ali was tearing it up at the dunes, I sure as hell don't know how I got so lucky to find a girl that has courage to jump on a 450 and rip through the bowls. Amazing, my GPS said it was 53 miles from Truckhaven and a completely different scene.

There were so many big full size trucks getting stuck and I was yanking them out with the Explorer. We didn't go too far into it, but we were running circles around stuck rigs on the way to and from the party hill Saturday night.

On a side note, IZwacks bro returned my floor jack to Ali and it's missing the top piece, the black little cup that contacts the vehicle. Anybody end up with this in their truck from the recovery sunday morning?

Sorry Danny, I hope you or Ali didn't take offence at my comment:( If so I appoligize.

Sorry Danny, I hope you or Ali didn't take offence at my comment:( If so I appoligize.

Did your wife make you say that?
I was going to tell Danny he needs to spend more time with his girl, she is a keeper!

Did your wife make you say that?
I was going to tell Danny he needs to spend more time with his girl, she is a keeper!

No, just don't want to piss the guy off...I probally wouln't like it if someone said that about my wife, but I'm not sure if it would bother me....but if it was my daughter!:rant:

Oh god! it's starting!!!!!:banghead:

:biggthump

Mind if I ask a question about this ramp thing?

Could you air your rear tires down a bit more and get another inch or two out of it? Or would they loose their bead? Is there an air pressure rule?
It seems if the rear contact tire was lowered with less air pressure-you'd travel a bit further before the free rear wheel lost contact.
Am I wrong?

This is why ramps are gay. You nailed it on the head, you can air down, load your toolboxes, etc all on the drivers side of your truck so that back tire won't lift up.

You can't use a ramp as a contest. Not that I am a H1 fan but they are probably one of the worst ramping vehicles out there...as they suck on the rocks too, but are very capable trucks in their element. Jeep cherokees are another good example, I've personally seen an XJ do much better on a ramp with the rear door open allowing that entire body to twist up more.

Now Steve on the other hand owns a sweet ramp. If he leaves all variables the same (air pressure, cargo, etc) he can put his truck up there in each direction on each wheel and determine where the points are binding. Pretty good driveway indicator that achieves full flex. He can continue to find the "binding point" and start trimming body panels, lengthening shocks, etc to gain more flex. Not that he needs to, his truck rocks, I was just using it as an example. Kinda like Rick's progress photos of the same truck on the same ramp after a few phases.

Mind if I ask a question about this ramp thing?

Could you air your rear tires down a bit more and get another inch or two out of it? Or would they loose their bead? Is there an air pressure rule?
It seems if the rear contact tire was lowered with less air pressure-you'd travel a bit further before the free rear wheel lost contact.
Am I wrong?
JT, are you gonna ramp yours? :rolleyes: You might get a score of 50. LOL

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The RTI ramp is no different than any other tool in your toolbox. It is a means of determining how much flex you have in relation to how much flex you want. If you cheat by adding weight to one side or the other, or by opening and or closing rear doors, you are only hurting yourself.:p:

That said the ramp is undergoing some changes itself. The fact that it holds up to an F-350 Diesel was impressive. Now it will get painted, have actual measurement lines attached, and will have a means to determine where centerline of wheel to actual inches traveled. No more "is that all I did??".

The ramp will hopefully become a rental item (in order to pay for the cost of the dang thing) to clubs and special events.

Back