Return of the "newbie run" Truck Haven | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return of the "newbie run" Truck Haven

ruckhavenoct20004Medium.jpg

ruckhaven3.jpg

ruckhavenoct20008Medium.jpg

ruckhavenoct20011Medium.jpg

ruckhavenoct20017Medium.jpg

ruckhavenoct20018Medium.jpg

ruckhavenoct20020Medium.jpg

ruckhavenoct20027Large.jpg

ruckhavenoct20029Large.jpg

ruckhavenoct20032Medium.jpg

ruckhavenoct20033Medium.jpg

ruckhavenoct20037Medium.jpg

Those were my pics, girlfriend and I are still laughing about our ride with Exploderpilot Sat night and we also enjoyed having Matt and Zack with us Saturday. Se called tonight to say she's in for every run from now on, regardless of the Tequila/Rum/Coors/Fresca that goes down after she heads to bed.

Can life be any better? Any photo I took of my truck was her driving too.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That was definitely a fun ride. If i can't drive, i want somebody like you to ride with!

Yep finally made it home about 7:40 tonight:thumbsup: got the X unloaded and in the driveway but whata PITA I hate up hill driveways. but anyways I can't thank Tbars enough for all his help and sticking it out with me.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: well now I have the task of trying to figure out WTF is going on with this electrical problem:( maybe on the other hand i will put it back together and send it to an electrician to figure it out:confused:

Congratulations Matt and Tracy is the wedding gonna be at Truck Haven too?:D

it was a quite a surprise to see IZwack at Truck Haven hope to see ya out here again real soon:thumbsup:

Oh BTW IZwack you weren't scared on top of that rock formation we all climbed during the group photo we're you???? I look over at ya and saw you on your knees up there. Either that or your praying(?):p:

ah well time to finish uploading my pics from Truck Haven and get em posted up here for all to see.

well i like how im the only one getting pulled out in any of the pictures haha

Oh BTW IZwack you weren't scared on top of that rock formation we all climbed during the group photo we're you???? I look over at ya and saw you on your knees up there. Either that or your praying(?):p:
I wasn't scared because I was on foot. But if I was in a vehicle, I would have been sweatin' bullets. Rolling down some 300-ft incline in a 5,000 pound vehicle is what scares me the most. Maybe you guys/gals are just used to driving on those ridges since you've been there a few times but NOTT me .. its beautiful, but nausiating :confused:

Hey R.J. here you go. I got stuck too.....in my stock ranger.....
IMG_5557.jpg

IMG_5470.jpg

well i like how im the only one getting pulled out in any of the pictures haha

well you and Black Goblin;) Just hopefully next time your not test firing your hubs:D

...izwack...out west we just got rocks in our heads....:D

...exploder, you got a pic of my truck on a rock?...i am still waiting to see a video from maniak and a climb pic from izwacks brother...:D

Yeah you know what, from the east coast wheeling that i got to do in the old 4runner, it is very different, more mud, and nasty tree roots and what not than you can shake a stick at, but not many big spines or drops.

...and a climb pic from izwacks brother...:D
I copied all of the pictures my brother took onto my laptop so I should have it somewhere. Can you describe which specific picture or pictures you're looking for? Like which part of T-haven it was taken at, and which day (Friday or Saturday).

...just a good one from the first day runs would do...looking for an avatar of project X in action...a link to pics would be cool when you got time...thanks and i really was happy to see you out here and i hope you really enjoyed our lo-cal...:D

I've uploaded some of the pics my brother took and all of the first day pics I think start on page 11 through the very end (page 15) of my Album: http://www.explorerforum.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=3649&page=11

The one shot I really liked of your rig and you is this one:
DSC_0025_resize1.jpg

Yeah the whole trip was a blast and wheeling in the west is totally different from what we have here in the east. It was awesome meeting everyone and experiencing all the craziness that is "truck haven" :D

...izwack, are you saying you are really starting to like my red fenders, lol...:p:

...i'm kinda fond of this one, 3/4's up the run...;)
dsc0012resizewo7.jpg

...izwack, are you saying you are really starting to like my red fenders, lol...:p:
LOL no I still would spray paint those red fenders :p: But since you were quite the soldier in making sure cybergasm made it home, then we'll let your red fenders slide... this time :D

Ted i got your avatar coming right up.

IMG_5570.jpg
IMG_5583.jpg

..izwack, when my truck grows up i want it to be just like yours...:D

...exploderpilot, nice comparison shot...;)

I think goblin could have gotten up there, just had to hit it with a lil more momentum....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just pulled the explorer in the garage and noticed more damage than I thought I had. It's all from the climb on Sat. night, when the driver's side was resting against the wall the whole way up and around.

pic 1. The mirror hit the wall pretty hard. It cracked the black housing bent the slot so i have to help the window up and down. I haven't tried to pry it back open, so I'll do that tomorrow.

pic 2. Some of the damage on the lower part of the door was there already, but the rest is new from the climb.

Attachments

• damage2.jpg
    damage2.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 338
  • damage1.jpg
    damage1.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 331

Back