Photos - Return of the redemption run '08 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Photos Return of the redemption run '08

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...great videos...i really like the one of froaders climb...:thumbsup:

RJ you didnt blow a hub out???? the MADNESS :)

:thumbsup:
Wow, great trip and fotos. Glad you all had a great time and made it back home safe and sound. Can't wait for Moab. I'm trying to do a local trip, maybe Big Bear, I'm following thread. :thumbsup:

RJ you didnt blow a hub out???? the MADNESS :)

thats what i was thinking!!!!!!!! :eek:

i don't know why either, i pushed it as hard as i could and they're were a few times on the trip that i squinted my eyes thinking it was gonna blow. hahahaha

thanks! it just happened to be where i parked, so that where i filmed :)

thats what i was thinking!!!!!!!! :eek:

i don't know why either, i pushed it as hard as i could and they're were a few times on the trip that i squinted my eyes thinking it was gonna blow. hahahaha

Did you take your front locker out when you had the front end apart? It looks it was an open diff in that video you got stuck. I'm telling you man, that will save that front end and those hubs.

...i think he took the front locker out before the january run, and put in a l.s. to slow down on the hub breakage...:scratch:

Was that the rock on top of the waterfall that Stic-o got hung up on? If it is, the area around it looks so much different than when I first went over that thing 6 years ago.

Was that the rock on top of the waterfall that Stic-o got hung up on? If it is, the area around it looks so much different than when I first went over that thing 6 years ago.

:thumbsup:

I drove over it the other way, but with no front locker, and 3 tires spinning I got stuck:(

Did you take your front locker out when you had the front end apart? It looks it was an open diff in that video you got stuck. I'm telling you man, that will save that front end and those hubs.

...i think he took the front locker out before the january run, and put in a l.s. to slow down on the hub breakage...:scratch:

yup, took it out a while ago and put a limited slip in. still broke a hub with the limited slip on the run before this.

hey peeps with coilovers, do coilovers kind of "settle in"? cause my front end sits lower now then when i took it out

It IS totally different now. That area is all smoothed out. Its like the ditches, not nearly as much fun as it used to be.

i seen another guy get hung up like sticko did and we used a hi lift on his bumber to to get the grip needed to full him self off

I'm pretty sure that if I had a front locker, I could have got off there;)

Since we are having a small Santa Ana wind condition and it's hot here today. I looked up the Salton City to see what we would of had this weekend if we had gone out. Much Hotter 93 and of course more wind. It's kind of late in the year to have a Santa Ana condition, but I guess our weather is changing.

Yeah, hot. Going home about 3pm, took the exit and saw smoke and smelled brush burning. After the last few fires, I about crapped my pants. Turns out it was a small brush fire in the canyon of Sorrento Valley, which is one canyon over from where our horse are boarded. It was already out by the time I was smelling the smoke.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey peeps with coilovers, do coilovers kind of "settle in"? cause my front end sits lower now then when i took it out

Yep, they do.

Back