• Register Today It's free!

Returning to the Explorer Forum

bobbyg1949

Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Olds. Intrigue
Hi all, I was here about 2 1/2 years ago when we ordered our 2014 Explorer. My wife had an accident the end of December 2015, totaled the Explorer but wife is ok. I want to share my wife's first words to me when I got to her accident. "I felt so safe at impact when all the airbags went off, then the vehicle (Sync) called 911, then the vehicle (Sync) asked if I was ok or need an ambulance/assistance(not sure she remember exact words)". Now, I know a lot of automakers talk about safety but after you experience or your love one experienced an accident and you come out ok with little or no injury you go back to what you know kept you/loved one safe.

This is why we just ordered a new 2016 Explorer. That is the other thing we have experienced from Ford; from the dealership (Grand Ledge Ford (Michigan), Sales person, Rob Beckwith, service, auto body, Joe and Jon and the entire staff. Awesome all the way around. 5 stars in our opinion.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome back.

Hi all, I was here about 2 1/2 years ago when we ordered our 2014 Explorer. My wife had an accident the end of December 2015, totaled the Explorer but wife is ok. I want to share my wife's first words to me when I got to her accident. "I felt so safe at impact when all the airbags went off, then the vehicle (Sync) called 911, then the vehicle (Sync) asked if I was ok or need an ambulance/assistance(not sure she remember exact words)". Now, I know a lot of automakers talk about safety but after you experience or your love one experienced an accident and you come out ok with little or no injury you go back to what you know kept you/loved one safe.

This is why we just ordered a new 2016 Explorer. That is the other thing we have experienced from Ford; from the dealership (Grand Ledge Ford (Michigan), Sales person, Rob Beckwith, service, auto body, Joe and Jon and the entire staff. Awesome all the way around. 5 stars in our opinion.

Good to hear everyone is alright. You ought to send a letter to Dearborn and let them know of your experience. I'm sure they'd like to hear about it.

Back