• Register Today It's free!

Rev Problem

Offroad19

Reaction score
City, State
Ocean Springs,MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Explorer EB
When I crank my truck up even if the engine is warm it will rev up pretty high and stay there for about 5 secs then idle down and it still idles kinda high about a Grand. Then while sitting still if I rev my engine up after letting go of gas it will stay reved up for like 3-5secs and idle down slowy...Whats the deal? Also I took IAC off and clean it. Still does it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can anyone help me? TTT

Have you tried cleaning the MAS?

Is the engine temp ok?

Is your throttle cable ok?? like any rust or crap like that, cause that seems it could be a problem for the time it takes to idle down.

I dont know about if spark plugs would do anything, but on our 50,000m plugs (had 50k but were meant for probably 20k) and when we revved up, it would jump, rev to 5000,then down the 4500, then 5000, and so on, we replaced the spark plugs and it was fine.

This also showed me how usless cleaning the maf was for me.

What is MAS? I put a tune up on my truck a while back and it did it before and did it after. I check the throttle cable it seems to be fine to. Do you think my IAC could just be goin out...

MAS = mass aiflow sensor. Its the sensor on your intake right before your filter

Back