• Register Today It's free!

reverse servo

jonafer

Reaction score
City, State
kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
In the valvebody diaries it states round seals on the reverse servo. Then replace them with d rings? What if the servo has no seals? Mine did not ? Should I put some on it? will it help? does it only work the reverse? It is a 2000 5R55E.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The low/reverse band in the A4LD applies in reverse and manual 1st.

My servo has the groves for them but no seal's. It work's fine, should I put some on it?

How was it working until now? Did you ever experience a delay going into reverse or manual 1st gear? Could you post a picture of the servo just so that we know we're talking about the same part?

yes there is a 5 sec delay going into reverse. When I take it out to put the seal on it I will take the pic. It is the round device in the trans, when you remove the pan there is the valve body, Then in the back bottom a plate with four bolt remove that and the gasket then the device or servo will fall out. Is this correct? It has the groves for seal's but when I installed the ford update kit and this servo fell out and there was no seal on it. So will this help in shifting if I add the seals?

Back