• Register Today It's free!

Reverse Wire Location?

Gold Trac

Reaction score
City, State
Charleston, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport Trac
I have been trying to wire up some back up sensors to my truck. I have the sensors wired to my reverse lights themselves. But I've been looking for the wire INSIDE the cab to wire the receiver to...

I've seen places that it would be the black/pink wire... Well on a 2001 Sport trac, there are 3 of these wires and NONE seem to work... Is this the correct wiring or can anyone please explain what wire controls the reverse lights?

Thanks

I installed a reverse camera for my aftermarket radio last week. Inside the cab of my 2001 sport trac there is a central security module (csm) located behind the top front dash right side under the trim panel that covers the defroster ducts. You can access the csm by removing the glove box and passenger side air bag. Unscrew 2 screws holding csm. When it’s off you will see 2 connectors A262 plugged into the modUle. To tap in to the reverse wire follow the wiring harness about 3-4 inches to the right and pull the harness up and find the 20 gauge black and pink wire. Check with an idiot light or multimeter for 12v while in reverse then tap into it. NOTE: You have a central security module if you have keyless entry only. ALSO verify your location of the csm. On different year models it may be located elsewhere. A couple of points with wiring. 1. When it says Bk/Pk that means it’s a solid black wire with a pink stripe, it’s not a pink wire with a black stripe. 2. Note the gauge of wire. This wire is a 20 g not 18 g so it is easier to spot.

Back