REVIEW: I picked up new 2013 Ford Explorer this past Saturday (3/31/2012) | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

REVIEW: I picked up new 2013 Ford Explorer this past Saturday (3/31/2012)

BillyM67 said:
I also have a '13 Explorer Limited. I have had a few minor things with Sync/MFT, but for the most part it has worked fine. The keyless locking is hit or miss, but was also this way on a Toyota I had...I think the signal is easily blocked if the key fob is in the same pocket as a cellphone. Other than that I have really liked my new Explorer....and I love the cooled seats. :)

I have found that the key fob is DEFINATELY interfered with when my iPhone is in the same pocket.
Sometimes the car never recognizes the fob being in the car.
I just have to keep them in separate pockets.
I would expect it to be a bigger problem for women carrying both in their purses.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I also have a '13 Explorer Limited. I have had a few minor things with Sync/MFT, but for the most part it has worked fine. The keyless locking is hit or miss, but was also this way on a Toyota I had...I think the signal is easily blocked if the key fob is in the same pocket as a cellphone. Other than that I have really liked my new Explorer....and I love the cooled seats. :)
Welcome to the Forum BillyM67. :wavey:
I have had my Limited for 16 months and have never used the fob to unlock the driver's door. I always lock/unlock using the button on the handle. I have used the fob to open the liftgate several times without any problems. I carry my cell in a holder clipped to my belt.
Good luck and happy motoring.:thumbsup:

Peter

Have you ever heard the stereotype that pilots typically think they know everything about everything?

Huh?? :scratch:

I do find if the phone and the fob are in the same pocket, the pull on the door handle may require a second pull. I now keep the fob in the other pocket and have not experienced this issue since.

Back